“Very pleasant experience”

Description: Pub
Preston, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We decided to visit the Lobster Pot in Marloes village as it was the nearest pub / restaurant to where we were staying on holiday. We have been to this pub before (family group) as we are regular visitors to this part of Pembrokeshire. Although the pub was very busy, and we arrived later than planned, (a group of 8), the bar staff were very helpful and warned us we would probably have to wait a while, which was fine as this gave us the chance to see if our skills at the pool table had improved since last time- (sadly they hadn't). At the predicted time our table was ready and by now we were quite hungry. I was very impressed with my main course which was steak and ale pie with chips, vegetables, and gravy. Happily the portion size was commensurate with my appetite, and the meal was of high quality. It hit the spot nicely, and with it I enjoyed a pint of Double Dragon (beer) which enhanced the experience. Furthermore my son does not like mushrooms so I was able to help him out here while he demolished his sirloin steak (cooked to order) with chips and salad.
I would definitely go there again- nice pub, good food, and pleasant, friendly staff.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Chris B

“Surprized how nice it was after reading other reviews”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Fast service, lovely food, and nice beer. We were Surprized after seeing the other reviews but in general a good place to eat .

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“afternoon visit”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

hadn't been to Lobster Pot for a few years and my oh my how its changed ....its decor is relaxing and i enjoyed an afternoon coffee and will defo be going back for a meal......

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jannie47
marloes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have to try the mixed grill”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The lobster pot gets lots of compliments from our guests on the campsite and in the guesthouse, the local beer is very popular and the food very reasonably priced for the area. The landlord and landlady do a great job, and my husband raves about the mixed grill. They have done a lot of work on the outside garden and is a nice place to sit and enjoy the peace that Marloes offers.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MarloesFoxdale
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Beer and food”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Interesting place , food was pretty good althoug hrestaurant was a little dark,. We ate in the bar. Shame about the beer, would have expected SA and some other Welsh ales but they had Courage and Felinfoel which i really don't like at all. Overall a good visit

Visited July 2012