“Well looked after!”
Review of Court Farm

Court Farm
Court Farm
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a review dictated to me by my other half! He stayed here for one night, he was initially attracted by the price but was very pleased with everything.
On arrival Sue gave him coffee and cake which he had in the lovely garden.
Rooms were spotlessly clean and quite spacious. Breakfast was very nice too. Sue was the perfect hostess and he said he would definately stay there again.
Recommended most highly!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a brilliant B&B; spotlessly clean, fabulous room with lovely views from 2 aspects, everything you could ever need is provided and a really warm welcome from Sue. We had our greyhound, Minty, with us and he was also made really welcome. Best B&B ever.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is SUCH a lovely place. I stayed here looking for an alternative to the number of chain hotels in the area, ahead of a business function in the area. I wasn't disappointed. Sue, the hostess, is lovely, very welcoming, and as with other contributors I was offered a lovely pot of fresh coffee on arrival (welcome after three hours on the road) and a piece of cake. The farmhouse isn't too big, just right, and is well appointed, welcoming and clean. The room was very nice, again homely. You don't feel like you're staying in a B&B you think you're staying with friends. The en-suite was spotless as you'd expect, nice shower cubicle and a good shower. The village of Magor is a mile or so down the road, and I took Sue's advice and visited The Golden Lion for tea where the food was very good. Breakfast was prepared at a time to suit me, and was also very good - selection of cereals and fruit juice, with fresh grapefruit also. The cooked breakfast was also excellent and set me up for most of the day! Would I stay again..?? Absolutely yes I would!! DO NOT be fooled by the fact that you can't see it that clearly from the road on 'you know who' Street View online.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at Court Farm as my usual accomodation in Cardiff was fully booked, as was much of the surrounding area. Sue is a very attentive host and the house and bedroom was very clean and tidy. The house is a very solid, large, old farm house, and felt wonderful. The gardens too are lovely. On arrival I was offered something to drink - a cup of tea or glass of wine. The following evening I was invited to have my takeaway meal in the kitchen with Sue and a couple of her friends. Another couple of guests joined us too and we had a lovely evening. Court Farm offered exceptional value for money at £35 for a single per night.

The only detratraction was the noise from the motorway. While it was overly obtrusive, it was a constant drone.

I would return without hesitation and recommend to anyone. Perhaps ensure you have earplugs is you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2011

What a lovely farm house, very typical of what you imagine in the UK.

I arrived around 5pm and was welcomed by Sue while I was unloading my car. She took me directly to my room which was lovely. She offered me tea either in my room or down in the kitchen. Feeling chatty I joined her in the kitchen, where she proceeded to make a pot of tea. We were soon joined by another guest and a couple of ladies who keep their horses at the farm's stable.

The only slight negative was that it was near a busy road and the traffice noise was audible late into the evening but not really loud enough to keep you awake unless you ar e a very light sleeper.

I ate at a pub that she and the other guest recommened. It was a short 3 mile drive and was very frienldy, with enough choice of food to suit most palets.

As a lone female I felt very safe at the B&B and in the local pub where I ate.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Andi&Mike
Reviewed October 29, 2010

What a treat this was. I usually stay in Wales every other month and have a regular haunt I always stayed in. This time they were full and recommended Court Farm. So glad they did. A former working farm with part of the old farm house converted for B&B.
When driving up the bumpy access road I was a little concerned but all of my fears were put to rest the minute I entered when I was asked by the owner if I would like a fresh pot of tea and a slice of homemade cake!!!
The building itself is well presented with a mixture of beautiful period furniture and modern comforts.
As to value for money I paid £35 and would have happily paid double.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Court Farm? Share your experiences!