“The most amazing experience”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Spanish first
Any
Explore56...
“The most amazing experience”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018

I went on the retreat at Yoga Sutra in September as a solo traveller and it was one of the best weeks. From start to finish everything was amazing. Situated in a beautiful and serene valley in Spain on this retreat we ate delicious healthy organic foods, went on hikes, mediated and practiced yoga by the pool. Traveling alone I never felt lonely as both the staff and fellow participants were all beautiful, likeminded people.Namit has done an amazing job to organise the week in a way that you really go on a journey and build on your learning and experience everyday. I don't think you can leave this retreat without being in a better place! Thank you so much to Namit and his team for a wonderful experience!

Nov 26, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We really appreciate it :-) We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful experience. Please come and visit us again in the future! <3 Love, Namit & all of us at Sutra Shala!
mayzee40
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Inspiring, relaxing...just wonderful!”
Reviewed May 25, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I spent a week on retreat here earlier this year and had a fabulous experience. Namit is just the most inspiring yoga teacher and so generous with his knowledge on philosophy, nutrition and general well-being. I left feeling uplifted and inspired to make changes to my life and have already made a start by finding a way out of a job which was bringing me stress...nothing can stop me now!! I'll be returning next year and can't wait to continue my personal growth! Thank you Namit and all the girls xx

Oct 15, 2018
Ah thank you :) So glad you have made so many positive changes :) It would be really lovely to see you again next year :)

Namit
Jenni T
“Fabulous”
Reviewed May 21, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Yoga Sutra Shala is a fabulous Yoga retreat in a stunning setting. Namit and the staff are all lovely - really kind and very helpful. The twice daily Yoga and meditation sessions are great, as is the organic vegan food. The rooms are really comfortable. Simply but tastefully furnished. Plenty of lounge chairs by the pool and hammocks in the garden if you prefer. Lovely walks through the hillside villages and mountains if you want, where you can enjoy the orange, cheery and olive orchards whilst a good coffee can be grabbed in the small village 5 minutes away if you need. Its very peaceful - Bliss !

Oct 15, 2018
Ah thanks Jenni :) Hope all is well with you :) We miss you :)

Namaste

Namit and the Yoga Sutra Shala family :)
KarenV273
Belfast, United Kingdom
“I wish every day was a Yoga Sutra Shala day :)”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

If coming back for a second time is not testament enough, I hope that this review truly illustrates the sense of serenity you will experience when you enter Yoga Sutra Shala.
For me, it is was like being welcomed back in to the family by Namit and all who live and work at the retreat. I know that may sound odd but the atmosphere is so welcoming you won’t want to leave. For me, the retreat is such a lovely happy place to be, a place where you can literally unwind, be with yourself and chill. I am still very friendly with my group from the first time I visited, so we were all sharing experiences during the week. I love the fact I made some amazing friends and we have stayed together.
As for Namit, I can’t say enough good things about his teaching, his passion for his practice, his pupils and staff and the retreat itself and the community in which it is situated. He has a very special gift he shares with all who visit and, is both wise and sincere in his teachings.

Being candid with you, I didn’t fancy meditation previously but thought I would throw myself in to it this time and am so glad I did. I have been listening to his guided meditations on sound cloud ever since.

Namit has also made some excellent improvements to what was already an amazing package so you will not be disappointed. I strongly encourage anybody considering going to book up as it is a holiday to remember, I know I will be back :).

May 13, 2018
Hi Karen,
Thank you so much for the lovely words! We really appreciate them :) we absolutely loved having you back and it felt exactly like we were welcoming a friend back :) You bring such infectious smiles and brightness to the retreat :) And you are full of so much positive energy :) All your stories of Ireland and London made everyone smile the whole time that you were here this time :) We're really happy to hear that you embraced the meditation on this trip and hope that you are able to continue some of the practices at home as well as deepening your practice further :)

I hope we always keep meeting :) You are a wonderful student always maintaining her half smile :)

Namit
463jenb
“A life changing experience!”
Reviewed May 3, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I waited two weeks to write a review to see how this retreat has affected my life and I can say that so far, it did affect it in a very, very good way. I spent one of the best week of my existence and the impact it had on me is still very strong. I'm practicing more yoga than ever and in a happy, peaceful way. And meditation already became a part of my routine :) I'm so happy to have chosen this place for my first yoga retreat and to have met such wonderful people. Namit, Amy, Pippa and all the volunteers were so friendly, the yoga and meditation sessions were amazing, the food is absolutely great (I also changed my diet a lot since then) and the place is a paradise. I felt so energized when I came back home that I woke up very early in the morning for several days, looking forward to start a new wonderful day. I can't thank you enough for the time I had but I'm grateful everyday for what it brought into my life! Namaste

Your age range 25-34
May 8, 2018
Hi Jen, thank you so much for the wonderful review :) it makes us very happy to hear you got so much out of your week here and that you're still feeling the positive effects. Well done for keeping the practice up at home. It can be very challenging to integrate new things into your day-to-day life but once you manage to establish a good routine it not only becomes easier but really does have an amazingly positive impact on your whole day :) keep up the good work! We loved having you here and hope you come back and visit us again. Big hugs from everyone in the Yoga Sutra Shala family.
Lisa K
Sandviken, Sweden
“Time Well Spent”
Reviewed April 29, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This retreat is the perfect getaway for beginners as well as seasoned yoga enthusiasts. Yoga Sutra Shala is located in a quaint village where the smell of orange blossoms permeate the air. The house is immaculate with several places to be socialable or cozy corners for some time alone. I can't say enough about the hospitality. We were so well looked after by the staff and volunteers. The food was amazing. At every meal, there was a description about the nutrients of the foods we were about to eat. My belly has never felt so good.There was also a well-stock fridge that the guests were welcome to take from day or night. Namit is so knowledgable about health and nutrition and was on offer during some meals for some much appreciated question and answer sessions. He is such a friendly, warm host.
The yoga was great with very coherent instruction. Both vinyasa and hatha were offered as well as the occasional yoga nidra and yin yoga session. Be prepared for long meditation sessions. For the beginner, these long sessions can be quite challenging. I felt the yoga room was missing natural light which gives me a lot of energy. But it was well-stocked with props. I would really like to have the yoga instructor waiting in the room to greet me. It would have made me feel more settled and connected.
The location was absolutely magical with a lot of different places to hike. The locals seemed friendly as well and a smile and nod were always offered. I will definitely go back.

May 13, 2018
Hi Lisa - many thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review :) It was lovely having you and Liv here and we miss your smily faces!
We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, yoga and beautiful scenery. The orange blossoms are still smelling incredible and the cherries are almost ready to eat which we're getting very excited about :) we agree that natural light is incredibly important and we're sorry to hear you found the yoga room a little dark at times. We are hoping to make some improvements to the room to allow more natural light in, and you should definitely come back and visit us again when it's a bit warmer and we can practice more outside.
Big hugs to you both.

Namaste

Namit and the Yoga Sutra family :)
Mandy R
“Never looked or felt so healthy! ”
Reviewed April 28, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This 5s doesn’t seem enough to give this piece of paradise. I loved the simplicity and everyone was so humble. The staff, including the volunteers couldn’t do enough for me. I fell in love with the place, particularly the staff, Namit, Amy and Pippa. These guys were incredible. I was in awe of their humble attitudes, particularly Namit who is an amazing teacher and always available when you needed him.
The rooms were comfortable, the food delicious and you could do as much yoga and meditation as you wanted.
Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone. I learned so much and felt so relaxed that I went for 2 weeks instead of 1. My mindfulness really improved and my physical flexibility too.
A perfect and healthy chilling out place. Thank you for having me guys. You were all beautiful souls. Namaste

Apr 30, 2018
Mandy - thank you so much for these lovely words - we really appreciate it :) you became like family during your time here and we miss you a lot. You brought such amazing energy and love for life that was completely infections! We really hope you are managing to keep up some of the yoga and breathing practices. Sending big hugs from everyone. Pippa & The Yoga Sutra Family :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing