“A wonderful yoga retreat”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Ter F
Monaghan, Ireland
“A wonderful yoga retreat”
Reviewed September 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I had a wonderful time at Yoga Sutra Shala. I went on my own and met lots of like-minded people. Namit was a great teacher. I particularly liked the way he focused on the different chakras and tailored the poses to open up and work on the different chakras. I found this beneficial. He has inspired me to take up yoga once again and to continue with my daily meditation practice.
In addition the food was excellent and tasted delicious. The cook was very knowledgeable and offered her knowledge about the nutrition of the food, freely to us.
I would highly recommend this yoga retreat to anyone who just wants to take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily living. It energised me and has helped me deal with daily stress. Thank you Namit , Maru , the cook and all the lovely volunteers. Teresa Fox(Ireland)

Sep 21, 2017
Hi Teresa

Hope that your new school year is going well :)

And so glad that the chakras helped :) It was lovely teaching you and we all miss you :)

Raffaela...
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed September 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This retreat is really outstanding - unlike many who jumped on the Yoga wagon, this one is earnest and real. It includes great Yoga (where everybody gets correction and guidance), meditation and tons of info about nutrition and great food. Highly recommended for beginners and advanced Yogis alike.

Sep 20, 2017
Hiya Raffaela

Thank you for the beautiful and kind words :) We really miss you :)

Whiteabbe...
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent yoga retreat in perfect mountain surroundings”
Reviewed September 10, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My wife and I had a wonderful week with Namit, Maru and the other volunteers at Yoga Sutra Shala. The retreat is held in an old Moorish house, Casa Gallinera, in the Vall de Gallinera, a valley of many small villages established by the Arabs and all called Beni-something. The villages are surrounded by terraces growing Cherries, Olives, Oranges, Almonds etc. In the background there are beautiful mountains on either side of the valley. The setting for the yoga, especially when outdoors on the terraces or by the pool, is spectacular. The yoga classes themselves were mainly taught by Namit, who is a great and motivating teacher. He teaches a mixture of Hatha and Vinyasana yoga, with some Shivananda elements as well. He is also great at explaining the links between posture, anatomy, the body, nutrition and general health in a very interesting and engaging way. This coupled with the absolutely fantastic vegan food made by the wonderful cook Amparo made it a fantastic week.

I would recommend this yoga retreat to anyone with any level of yoga experience as Namit is excellent at dealing with people at all levels of practice.

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Brian

Thank you so much for the kind words and for your presence and for your energy :) It was such an incredible experience to meet someone so wise and so full of knowledge :) Plus it was lovely hearing you speak Hindi :) And I loved Liz's enthusiasm and desire to write down and remember everything :) It was such a pleasure teaching you both :)

I hope that we keep in touch :)

KiaAarhus
Aarhus, Denmark
“Just what I needed”
Reviewed September 6, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This retreat was just what i needed. The house, the garden and the view was beautiful. I really enjoyed the yoga. And the food... if for nothing else: book it for the food. It was Perfect.
Namit was a lovely host. He was very aware of getting us together as a group. I felt like it was a very safe place to share and just be. I learned (and laughed) a lot, and have changed a few habits for the better since I got home.
I hope I will be back at Yoga Sutra Shala soon.

Your age range 25-34
Sep 19, 2017
Hi Kia

Lovely to read your kind words :) And so glad that you changed some habits :) You are amazing :)

AlishaS28...
“AMAZING !! And highly recommended :)”
person found this review helpful

This was one of the most amazing weeks of my life! Namit was an amazing host and did everything to support us in not only the physical practice but also with nutrition and theoretical foundations of yoga. The food was also one of the best parts of the week - it was plentiful, nutritious and delicious!!

Would recommend Yoga Sutra - Yoga Retreats to anyone who wants good food and a good break!

Your age range 25-34
Sep 7, 2017
Ah thanks Alisha :) We miss you a lot :) Especially your stories from Australia, the UK and everywhere in the world :) Hope we see you again one day :)

Claire B
Barcelona, Spain
“Wonderful week”
person found this review helpful

I can't rate this retreat highly enough.
The place is idyllic, lovely rooms, beautiful pool, in a 12th century Arab farmhouse set amongst olive groves. The food was wonderful; every day a wide selection of vegan and vegetarian food, all organic and very varied made with love by the chef, a very interesting and knowledgeable woman.
However what made it so special were the people. The owner gives wonderful yoga and a meditation classes adapting them to various levels while the volunteers carefully corrected our postures which I found very helpful.
The atmosphere was very international and relaxed; lots of chatting and discussing late into the night. I think I was very lucky to spend a week with such a fun and interesting group.
If I ever go on another yoga retreat I will definitely return, I had such a wonderful week.

Hi Claire

Ah we were so lucky to have you :) You have such a lovely personality:) We miss you :)

myriamlic...
Jerusalem, Israel
“A real gift in the middle of life”
person found this review helpful

I just returned from a week in Yoga Sutra Shala and I have only warm words to say. The house, including the huge gardens, is beautifull. Every thing there reveals a very good taste. The outside is propice for walks and meditation. Namit was incredibly nice, open minded and warm. He gaves the genuine feeling that he cares for every one. The Yoga classes are good, a little bit difficult for me since I am a very beginner, but Namit gaves me completely freedom to take it easy. Last but not least, the food is delicious, Amparo is a genious and we enjoyed each minute when we eated!!

Sep 7, 2017
Miriam we miss you so much :) You have such a warm personality I am sure we will all remember you forever :) You have a huge heart and every moment being around you is a pleasure :)

Namit
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing