“wonderful time”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Anarkali...
“wonderful time”
Reviewed September 27, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I hoped to have a nice time, but really didn't expect to have such a wonderful time. I loved it all - the food, the lovely and welcoming hosts and the great company. The yoga was really really good and struck the right balance in developing our practices but not overwhelming us. I just loved it so much and feel so lucky that I spent time with them. I couldn't recommend it highly enough and I think that this is a great place to go if you need to find a supportive environment to make changes in your life towards a better lifestyle and a healthier way to live.

Date of stay: September 2016
Overall condition of the property
Liked best: sunsets and sunrises
Liked least: mosquitoes
Sep 28, 2016
Hi Anarkali

Thank you so much :) Your magical smile has left its imprint on us forever :) And we will never forget your incredible memory and your friendliness :) It was amazing having you here :)

Elizabeth...
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Life enhancing (even life changing !) holiday”
Reviewed September 18, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

After an exhausing few months both personally and professionally, I wanted a relaxing yoga break where I could re-think my life and 're-boot' by making some very necessary changes. Too busy to sort out a yoga break from the myriad options on offer on the internet, I went with a personal recommendataion and chose Yoga Sutra Shala. I'm so glad I did ! The pre-course information was helpful and friendly, and told me everything I needed to know in good time. The arrival was very easy and extremely welcoming, and there then followed five days of excellent, small-group and very personalised yoga tuition (4-5 hours a day in total, split between morning and evening sessions) including breathing, meditation, and yoga asanas, plus wonderful, nutritious, and beautifully presented food, lazy afternoons reading by and swimming in the pool, and sociable and highly enjoyable evenings around the dinner table. I approached sharing a room with a degree of trepidation but needn't have worried: everyone was like minded, and very friendly - an atmosphere created and encouraged by our wonderful hosts, who were specialists in both yoga and nutrition, and shared their knowledge (not to mention their recipes !) with pleasure. I cannot recommend this course too highly - it was both life enhancing and life changing, and I have come back feeling relaxed, refreshed, and ready to make lasting changes to my approach to dealing with stress, to exercise, to yoga practice, and to food and nutrition.

Date of stay: September 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Elizabeth it was so lovely having you here :) You are so full of enthusiasm it is easy to see why you attract so much positive energy :) You are definitely an exceptional yoga student and a lovely human being :) Hope that good things always happen in your life :) Namaste
SDokya
“Revitalising”
Reviewed July 19, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I am truly blessed to have inadvertently stumbled upon such a very high quality resort at the last minute. I went without having any idea of the breadth, quality and expertise which characterise the sutra shala - from the university degree level of knowledge of nutrition to the guided meditation, all the way through to (what I had thought was my main reason for going)- the yoga. Perfect balance of strength and flexibility.
I arrived feeling completely burnt out and left so refreshed that three people so far have asked me for details to see if they can work dates around availability here.
Namit has a gift for teaching. Manages to impart a huge amount of knowledge
about health promotion.When I spoke about how new so much of this was, he immediately encouraged me to feel that I was building on existing knowledge which made it seem much more possible to incorporate meaningful changes into my daily lifestyle.
I would say the overwhelming impression that I left with is that Namit and Maru have a fabulous quality of life and the retreat feels like their way of sharing this lifestyle for the benefit of others. Commercial interest really does not feel like it is the priority nor the driving force here. As for Kate and her cooking - just Wow!
I planned a break, but have made significant changes to diet, meditation and yoga practice which I intend to maintain. Decisions about other changes have followed naturally. Lord, now I just sound like I have been brain washed! Honestly though, exactly what I needed at exactly the right time! So much that this is the second review I've written as my first vanished

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Jul 20, 2016
Hi Sonia

Thank you so much for so many kind words and we are really glad that you have made so many positive changes in your life :) You really do have a lot of knowledge and you are very wise :) It was such a pleasure and an honour having you here :) If there is anything that we can ever do for you please just ask :)

Kind Regards

pforplip
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 10, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Wow. What a wonderful five days. Great location, beautiful comfortable villa, great people, amazing food and a lot of Yoga. This holiday stays with you long after you come back. We still talk about the food, the lovely people we met and a very warm welcome from Namit and Maru. The Yoga is very good and really helps you when you come home to your own practice. The meditation aspect is lovely too and also sustains you long after your return.If you are a Yoga lover, don't hesitate!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Jul 12, 2016
Hi Philip thank you for such lovely words and for the beautiful poem you left for us :) You have such a magical way with words :) Hope that the yoga and meditation sustain you for a very long time :) You are a very special student :) Namaste Namit and Maru
Heidi W
“A beautiful marriage of peacefulness and energy!”
Reviewed July 7, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

For my first yoga retreat, Namit and Maru set the bar high! The yoga sessions were appropriately physically demanding and informative with Namit's gentle and consistent posture corrections it certainly improved the quality of my yoga practice, which was one of my goals for attending. Every day there was a new feast for my tastebuds with their delicious and nutritious vegetarian food (and they were always mindful of my food allergies). There was plenty of fresh fruit and nuts for snacking between meals but they kept us so well fed that it was hardly necessary! Down time in the afternoons allowed us time to enjoy the beautiful pool, take walks, get to know our new friends or simply reflect upon our experiences. I would recommend this retreat without hesitation!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 7, 2016
Hi Heidi

You are so full of magical words :) Thank you so much :) It was such an honour having such an intelligent human being and yoga student here :) Sending you a million hugs :) Your life ahead sounds so interesting :) You are the best :)

wjen210
Paderborn, Germany
“Undescribable experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I had the honour of being part of your wonderful Yoga Retreat Centre in June 2016. It has been an undescribable experience and I’m still moved and grateful for the way in which you welcomed all of us. I felt very invited and well taken care of from the very beginning. As I’m a yoga beginner I’m very thankful you brought yoga so near to me and encouraged me to continue practising from then on. The days at your retreat centre were full of peace, relaxation, incredible meals (thank you Kate!!!) and professional yoga classes. I’d love to come back one day and highly recommend your place to every person, who is looking for an unforgettable yoga retreat.

Thank you for everything! :)

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 27, 2016
Hi Jennifer

You are more than welcome :) It was so special having you here and it was lovely listening to your intentions to make your new life better :) You are such a strong person :) It is amazing to know you and best of luck with everything in life :)

Jansyoga
“Inspiring”
Reviewed June 22, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

I would highly recommend this yoga retreat to anybody that wants to come home relaxed, refreshed and with more knowledge about yoga and nutrition than they could possibly have hoped for.
It is a totally "get away from it all" holiday. There is no time to visit surrounding villages or areas as so much time is spent practising yoga including breathing techniques,meditation, chanting and learning about nutrition.
Namit and Maru effortlessly include beginners and advanced within the same group and totally practise what they preach.
As a yoga instructor myself, I was hungry to learn something new everyday and cant wait to return.
Accommodation is simple yet comfortable, location is rural and beautiful.
As well as being organic and nutrious, the food is to die for thanks to their amazing chef Kate.
Many, many thanks.

Liked best: Namit and Maru
Liked least: Would have liked the yoga platform to look over the mountains and the hedge between swimming pool and mountains to be taken down.
Jun 23, 2016
Hi Jan

Thank you so much for your lovely words :) It was so lovely to have someone as intelligent as you here :) You bring so much energy it is always a joy to be around you :) Whenever you come back you will be welcomed back with open arms :)

Namit and Maru
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing