“Stunning location”

Mullichain Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in St Mullins
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We run a sweet little Coffee Shop on The Banks of The River Barrow in St Mullins.There is seating both inside and out and we provide waitress service.Our Menu provides a selection of Salads Prawn and Crab,Hummis and Chicken liver Pate plus many more.Pizza,Wraps,Ciabatta with wonderful fresh fillings. Emer is our in house baker and she has a large selection home baking, Apple tarts and Chocolate Brownies to name but a few. This is a wonderful place to wile away the day walking or cycling by the river.Martin Emer and Mark would like to invite you to share our little bit of Heaven
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a friend's recommendation and I was very impressed. The service was efficient & staff very helpful & pleasant. The food was served beautifully & it was delicious. The restaurant has an olde-world quality about it & I found the upstairs rooms very impressive, great history there. The toilets were spotless. The scenery is stunning and there is a seating area outside just yards away from the river. I didn't want to leave. The food was very reasonably priced & a generous portion was given. I would highly recommend this restaurant & I will certainly be visiting again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A beautiful setting by the river, usually drink coffee with a bun but I love it. Perfect to relax after a morning on the river or a walk around the ancient church site.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great place to end your Barrow Way walk. Delicious food and lovely friendly owner. They also have cottages for rent. St. Mullins is a great spot. So beautiful.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently 35 of us savaged by hunger and ravaged by canoeing stepped into the MULLICHAN CAFE in tiny historic village of St Mullins in south edge of Co. Carlow. They were ready for us though.. Great soup , 3 choices, great food and friendliest welcome for all.We were there at 4pm and reluctantly left after 6 fully refreshed and relaxed..
Take s bow, Martin, Emer,Mark and all the staff for your efficient service and genuine hospitality.

Bridget F and crew

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My idea of heaven... comfy couch in a wonderful setting, and unobtrusive staff.
Fabulous menu, the lunches are served with a smashing side salad. Usually it's the standard coleslaw and a bit of green but Mullichain have superb attention to detail... Lettuce, gherkin, radish, cucumber, baby tomato, carrot, onion and olives!
I recommend the cheese board which comes with a lovely selection of breads all washed down with an Italian Gavi.
What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
We drove for an hour to enjoy a walk along the river and a stop-off in the Cafe was a great way to top it off. We will be back!