“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Littledean
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spent a very pleasant evening in this friendly pub. We stayed in room 12 which was upstairs and although it was quite small it was cosy, clean and adequate for our over night stay. The staff, especially the manager were very friendly and helpful. We arrived on a Sunday evening and were too late for the Carvery which finishes at 4.30. The manager recommended the local Chinese restaurant and even offered to drive us there and then pick us up. We thanked him for his kind offer but made our own way there and back. The meal at the Lotus was excellent. Breakfast at the Belfry was good and plentiful. We would definitely stay here again. It offers good value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 46maggie2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Coleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have had numerous meals her both with family and friends.. I would recommend this pub to anyone by far the best service ever and this pub certainly knows how to treat customers. I have also attanded events here and enjoyed myself so much I did not want the night to end.... FANTASTIC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a fantastic atmosphere! The staff are absolutely fantastic particularly the waitresses who are incredibly willing and helpful! The prices and quality of the food is really something to be proud of, the warm welcome is certainly something to value. I would definitely recommend the Belfry!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to say that my friends and I went for a meal back in August 30th and was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food we had that evening. Great food and great service. Well done to all at the Belfry.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went here recently after a visit to the river wye, we arrived at five and asked if they were serving food, they offically start at 5.30pm but the manager said he would have a word and we could order at 5.15pm a very impressive welcome. Very clean and staff very friendly and attentive. Good choice on menu and our meals arrived very promptly. Huge portions and very tasty! Great value for money, so nice to have a warm welcome and that personal touch which is seldom found these days. Would definitely return for lunch/evening meal when in the area. Great at hospitality ! !

Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my 21 month old baby. We stayed in room 7 and I must say for the money it was nice. But the park was outside our window and I struggled to get my little girl to sleep as people were very loud and roudy, so maybe not the best for young babies/toddlers. The shower was interesting as boiling hot water was running out the bath tap while the shower was running so my feet were scortching, so much so that I had to stand at the other end of the bath! Overall the hotel is good value for money, just not suitable for us as a family.

1 Thank Pearce1984
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the third time I have used this hotel, but the first time I have been accommodated on the upper level. What an improvement. We had a window that could be opened safely and left open for fresh air and the room was light and welcoming and as ever comfy. But the biggest advantage was being able to the free WiFi (We cannot get a signal in the ground floor rooms). The only niggle is the tiny cups and saucers they provide do not give a decent amount of drink and the powder from the hot chocolate they provide half fills the cup and leaves too little room for water. Please can we have mugs (I now take my own).

Room Tip: Choose an upper level room.