“A great place for food..”
Review of The Belfry Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Belfry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Littledean
Cinderford, United Kingdom
“A great place for food..”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to say that my friends and I went for a meal back in August 30th and was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food we had that evening. Great food and great service. Well done to all at the Belfry.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went here recently after a visit to the river wye, we arrived at five and asked if they were serving food, they offically start at 5.30pm but the manager said he would have a word and we could order at 5.15pm a very impressive welcome. Very clean and staff very friendly and attentive. Good choice on menu and our meals arrived very promptly. Huge portions and very tasty! Great value for money, so nice to have a warm welcome and that personal touch which is seldom found these days. Would definitely return for lunch/evening meal when in the area. Great at hospitality ! !

Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my 21 month old baby. We stayed in room 7 and I must say for the money it was nice. But the park was outside our window and I struggled to get my little girl to sleep as people were very loud and roudy, so maybe not the best for young babies/toddlers. The shower was interesting as boiling hot water was running out the bath tap while the shower was running so my feet were scortching, so much so that I had to stand at the other end of the bath! Overall the hotel is good value for money, just not suitable for us as a family.

1 Thank Pearce1984
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the third time I have used this hotel, but the first time I have been accommodated on the upper level. What an improvement. We had a window that could be opened safely and left open for fresh air and the room was light and welcoming and as ever comfy. But the biggest advantage was being able to the free WiFi (We cannot get a signal in the ground floor rooms). The only niggle is the tiny cups and saucers they provide do not give a decent amount of drink and the powder from the hot chocolate they provide half fills the cup and leaves too little room for water. Please can we have mugs (I now take my own).

Room Tip: Choose an upper level room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila B
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is good and the staff are all friendly and make you very welcome, the rooms are clean and comfortable and if you are eating there as well, the food is good, try the belfry chicken, a great dish.
I stayed for two nights, a good base only 10 minutes from the cycling centre , only up here for the down hill racing.
Will definitely be going back to stay when returning to the Forest of Dean..
The Payne family

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2 nd time me and my husband have stayed at The Belfry, last year for my friends wedding and this time for there sons christening. Always get a lovely friendly welcome after a long drive, rooms clean, lovely decor, bed very comfy, good selection of tea and coffees in the room, fantastic breakfast, good selection of pub foods. Manager works very hard but always has a smile on his face. Would recommended The Belfry to friends and family and will defiantly be staying again. :-)

• Stayed July 2013
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here to meet with a group of friends. Our room was in need of a good spring clean, skirting boards and bathroom rather grubby. Also there was no hot water in the morning so had a very cold wash. We ate in the restaurant and food was just ok, we were hungry. Pub is very lively, noisy and drink prices reasonable, but it's hard to get some sleep. All in all very glad it was for one night only.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wannadecentdeal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littledean
The Speech House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston under Penyard
DeanGate Motel
DeanGate Motel
#1 of 1 in Lydney

Been to The Belfry Hotel? Share your experiences!