“Brilliant”

Severn & Wye Smokery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Severn and Wye Smokery is an award-winning artisan and family-run business situated on the picturesque banks of the River Severn. We produce and supply world renowned smoked and fresh products to various high-class establishments, such as, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Fortnum & Mason, Harrods, and The Ritz. The business has excellent ethics and a zero carbon footprint. The Smokery shop has one of the country's best fish counters, a delicatessen packed with amazing homemade pates, salads and cured fish. The café has a great selection of cakes, light bites and stunning expertly cooked simple seafood dishes. The restaurant is open Monday to Saturday 12:00-14:30 and Friday evening 17:00-21:00 with more evenings to follow.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely welcome great food great atmosphere shop and deli to die for came for my birthday and want to return again I will be back

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Lovely meals, friendly staff. Good atmosphere. The cafe is situated in the shop and there are lovely foods to buy, including fresh veg, meats and fish. You can have a reasonably priced cooked meal, or lovely scones or cakes. Really worth a visit.

1  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I finally made it to the Severn and Wye Smokery for lunch, after my in-laws gave me vouchers for my birthday some time ago. You can't book for small parties, but we managed to get a table for two quiet easily and after only a short wait. The menu is obviously fish, but a good variety and I struggled to choose. The service was good and the food is quality honest fare. It isn't a place to have a long lingering lunch, but it is great for a filling,hearty meal. You are sitting amongst the shoppers who are buying from the counters filled with local produce, but to be honest I was one of them after the meal. It is a great place to stock up with some goodies too, the fresh fish counter being the highlight for me. I will definately be going back and am recommending to my fish loving friends

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Brilliant selection of food and all very good quality...the fish of course is out of this world! I would thoroughly recommend stopping for either a bite to eat or to pick up some lovely food for dinner!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I once called in to make a reservation, and I asked the maitre d' what was on the menu - "Fish" came the reply.
You have to appreciate the dry sense of humour.
Seating can be a little tough on the spine and it can sometimes be chilly in there, but the food is lovely, thought out, beautifully prepared.
This is a reliable, popular (be sure to book) Fridays-only restaurant. If you like your fish, you can't go wrong. Puddings wonderful too.