“Pleasant, fresh find en route to El Yunque”

Lluvia Deli Bar & Artefacto
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Palmer
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Restaurant, cafe, Wifi, Unique Gifts and Gallery
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Make time to visit this local gem. We stumbled across Lluvia before spending a day hiking in the close-by El Yunque National Forest. The design and art decor of the restaurant were most inviting---a real standout on the street as something clean, fresh and modern. I was intrigued to learn from the servers that theirs is a family owned and operated business -- the look and feel is so crisp and professional, one would expect the influence of an established corporate brand.

We split a very large deli sandwich ($10 seemed a bit much, but it was plenty for two people) made to order along with their homemade sides and desserts for a picnic lunch in El Yunque. Boars Head meat and cheese options made an excellent meal on Lluvia's specialty homemade bread. (Somewhat like a ciabatta...crunchy crust, chewy interior) They also make fresh fruit smoothies, espresso and coffee drinks (even loaded with a liqueur), and a variety of impressive baked goods. The visible work space behind the counter shows that the equipment and attention to quality is high. And the family could not be any kinder or more gracious for the opportunity to serve in their lovely establishment.

2  Thank David J
Lluviapr, Owner at Lluvia Deli Bar & Artefacto, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you so much David J. for that kind and wonderful review. Visitors like you make it worthwhile to be here.

Please come back soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This family owned restaurant is worth the trip for the food and the service. You can eat in doors or out on their beautiful patio. I was impressed with how nicely the restaurant was decorated which by the way was designed by the owner. My wife had the Puerto Rican version of an omelet (sorry I can't think of the name) she loved it, I had their eggs & bacon breakfast which was very good. The fresh squeezed orange juice was great. We ended the meal by having one of their guava pastries (messy but worth the mess). We paid a little more then we had for some of our other breakfast but it was worth the price & definitely worth a visit. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our family of 4 really enjoyed breakfast at Lluvia during our vacation in Rio Grande. They have great coffee, waffles, eggs, and some specials. My son loved their hot chocolate, We went back several times for the serene atmosphere and delicious food. The staff speaks perfect English. There is a small parking lot across the street. Come back for dessert. Closed Mon and Tues and otherwise open 9-6, so it's not a place for early risers.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We read from This site very good reviews and were eager to go for brunch. Our experience was average. The atmosphere or decor in a place doesn't justify prices... Food preparation and quality should. Their food quality is good but there is something off with what you expect and what is served. The was not clear, it offered no explanation and the specials were told to us by the server and our questions were answered but when the food came it was something different than what the server had explained to us. We ate it anyway. I should say that the potato salad was really good and my son said that the pastrami sandwich was very good. They use Boars Head which is one of my favorite brands. I will give another try in a few months to allow them to mature the business. I think they deserve another try from us.

2  Thank lepetitebombom
Lluviapr, Owner at Lluvia Deli Bar & Artefacto, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Yes we are a tourist place as much as we are a local place. We opened Lluvia to fill a gap; we serve food and drink that we ourselves enjoy and hope others will enjoy as well. As far as tourist prices, we use quality products such as Boars Head as you mention. Everything we serve is fresh of the highest quality including our bread which is baked right here on our premises.
Please give us another try... You might be surprised, we are new and learning each day. We thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We came here for brunch and were pleasantly surprised! It is a ray of sunshine on an up and coming street. The attention to detail is evident in the decor - even the restrooms were clean, bright and looked as if out of the pages of AD! We opted to sit inside though there is a cute fenced in seating area outside. There are some books and trinkets for sale near the back of the storefront.

But, this is a place to eat which is what we did here happily!! The orange juice is fresh squeezed and the coffee is hot and delicious, Be sure to order the waffles. These are Belgian style served with fresh fruit and whipped cream or butter. They reminded me of some from one of my favorite cafes in DC- light and fluffy. The eggs with potatoes and toast were good. For dessert don't miss the chocolate chip cookies! It was all I could do to sneak a taste from my son before he gobbled it up! The guava pastry was a nice local taste - it was a bit messy to eat due to all the flaky dough, but it had a very good flavor.

I can't speak to the savory offerings but if I am ever back in the area, I will be certain to return for breakfast or an afternoon snack.