“Karla Rocks!!”

Caribbean Trading Company Store
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Palmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On your way to El Yunque. Discover the treasures of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico! Caribbean Spices & Sauces, Fresh Puerto Rican Coffee, Fine Premium Cigars, Nautical & Tropical Gifts, Exquisite Gift Baskets, and Local Art. #Caribbeantrading
Syracuse
“Karla Rocks!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by the Caribbean Trading Company to get a few souvenirs and walked out with a whole new wardrobe!! Karla showed us several ways to turn a sarong into a dress, shirt, and even a purse. My teen daughter and I were thrilled. Thanks, Karla!! A great way to end our Puerto Rican experience.

CaribbeanGirl8991, General Manager at Caribbean Trading Company Store, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Caribbean Trading Company Store with the online Trip Advisor community. We really appreciate it! Karla is indeed a superstar- extremely knowledgeable and she constantly amazes us with her sarong-tying demonstrations and tips. So many ways to ‘tie one on’. The purse sarong is one of our favorites as well!

Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for a souvenir”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Because of all the trip advisor reviews we made sure to stop at Caribbean Trading Co Store. They were very helpful and friendly. We purchased many t shirts, coffee, mugs etc..after our hike in El Yunque. I would recommend everyone stop here it is a great spot!

Visited February 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Amazing! So helpful!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stopped by this shop late in the day after a hike in El Yunque and Karla, the woman who was working there, was fantastic. She was about to close up, but stayed with us for almost an hour as we tasted hot sauces and barbecue sauces and coffee and walked around this adorable store. She answered all of our questions about her shop and about what to do, eat, and see while we were in Puerto Rico. She even called someone she knew who ran bio bay kayaking tours and got us set up on a tour for that night without a reservation (on President's Day weekend!!) She was so great and we ended up buying quite a few of her great products without feeling any pressure to do so. Must stop here on you way in or out of El Yunque. You're bound to find great souvenirs and gifts that you can't get anywhere else. Thanks Karla!

Visited February 2014
Mi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great souvenir shopping experience”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stop at this store. They offer some unique finds from local artisans and items made in
PR. Most of all the young lady at the store was so nice. We chatted about many things to do in the area, learned about some of the artisans whose work was displayed, and Puerto Rican folklore from her. Sadly, with all the pleasant conversation and service- I forgot to ask her name!
I like that this store isn't loaded up with a bunch of made in china trinkets and offers some real Puerto Rican craftsmanship. It is conveniently located right on the way to El Yunque Rainforest.

Fresh Meadows, New York
“What a great experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love the quality of their products! Even more was the exceptional service from Risell or Ribell
I'm not quite sure how to spell her name - She was so nice and gave me great suggestions for gifts. I wish this shop was closer to my home in NY I'd recommend this little nook to anyone looking for something nice to bring home from Puerto Rico!!!!

Visited January 2014