“Fun place to go in Palmer!”

Caribbean Trading Company Store
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Palmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On your way to El Yunque. Discover the treasures of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico! Caribbean Spices & Sauces, Fresh Puerto Rican Coffee, Fine Premium Cigars, Nautical & Tropical Gifts, Exquisite Gift Baskets, and Local Art. #Caribbeantrading
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun place to go in Palmer!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to have come across. Karla was so helpful and just awesome. She had some great insight on sauces and coffees. My boyfriend and I still talk about our trip and can't wait to come back. Thanks Karla for everything.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RGWinnylove

Avondale, Pennsylvania
“Caribbean Trading - A Pirate's "Piece of Eight!"”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ahoy there Captain Tim and Quarter Master Karla!

It was such a pleasure to meet you both on Friday, June 21, 2013! Chi Chi Rodriguez's assistant, Maria, and I had a funtastic time visting your main store in Palmer after my book signing at El Yunque. And Oh, the treasures that awaited us as we stepped foot in your store! Unique and many one-of-a-kind items. Quite a treasure chest you have there, mate. It was an unforgettable experience! I am home (in PA) now and I can't wait to again sample the yummy sauces: Cucumber-Mango/Orange Habanero Crushed Pepper Sauce, Island Fever Salsa and On the Plank Habanero Crushed Pepper Sauce! Thank you, Quarter Master Karla, you did an outstanding job in showing us around the ship and experiencing Caribbean Trading.

Also, thank you so much for the support of the release of our newest children's book and multiple award-winning book, Lightkeepers to the Rescue! I look forward to meeting the rest of the crew when I visit again. You run a tight ship, Captain Tim :)

I've sailed the seven seas and you're the sleekest schooner I've ever sighted. Farewell!

Marisa de Jesus Paolicelli
Award-Winning Children's Author

las vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Iris and Risell”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had done some research months before our trip to Puerto Rico about which main attractions and shops to visit. (you know usual touristy thing) In my research I came across this shop several times but really didn't pay it any mind, seeing how there where literally hundreds of souvenir shops in Puerto Rico! When we where finally in BEAUTIFUL PR, my best friend and I still failed to find any suitable gifts to bring back from our adventure. (not cheesy, unique if you will) Making our way back from a hike we stumbled upon that same little shop I'd seen on this very website!! :)) it had EVERYTHING we needed to bring back to our families! Our first visit we met Iris, she was so helpful and knowledgeable. In fact, I usually am not the one for HOT or spicy things BUT she introduced us to some of the hottest hot sauces on the island! yes, I tried it! I even got a certificate that said I was "THE MASTER OF PAIN" thanks iris for all your help! We returned the next day to pick up some last minute items and Risell was kind and helpful. She made me feel like we never even left home. Just a friend hanging and having laughs :) to the owner of this establishment you have an AMAZING STAFF! (i know retail) very sincere and helpful! Thanks ladies :)

3 Thank reyna a
Crystal, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Shopping Experience!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Browsing and shopping at the Caribbean Trading Company Store was truly a great experience! Karla, the store clerk, was very friendly and knowledgeable. She was helpful without being overtly pushy and made some great recommendations. Many of the items are locally crafted and the various sauces and coffee are a must! Be sure and stop here after a trip to El Yunque.

1 Thank Bethany K
Germantown, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Found everything I needed to bring gifts back from Puerto Rico!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Passed this shop several times during my stay in Puerto Rico. It was very nice to run into it on a humble. I was looking for cigars and we always went for a twenty minute drive to get some. Well no more! This shop was five minutes from the house we rented and I could not be happier! Do not pass this place!

2 Thank SgtPetty