“Great shop for locally made goods!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Caribbean Trading Company Store
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Palmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On your way to El Yunque. Discover the treasures of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico! Caribbean Spices & Sauces, Fresh Puerto Rican Coffee, Fine Premium Cigars, Nautical & Tropical Gifts, Exquisite Gift Baskets, and Local Art. #Caribbeantrading
Martinsburg, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great shop for locally made goods!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were staying at the Rio Mar and stopped here on the way to the airport to go home after not having much such success finding local souvenirs all week.

This place is great! They have a wide variety of gifts ranging from t-shirts, their own made soaps, jewelry, spices, coffee, tiles, mugs, alcohol, etc. Most of their gifts are locally made by local artisans, which is exactly what I was looking for. They make a variety of soaps and lotions themselves. They also make their own coffee, sauces, and spices, and also have a selection from local artisans.

Karla was so nice and helpful! She offered some free samples of their delicious coffee right away. Then she explained their sauces and let us taste them. We found some great souvenirs here, but definitely stop here if you want to bring home some authentic sauces and spices. They were so delicious, and I know I cannot find anything comparable where I live.

They also have an online store, which is great for when you run out of those delicious sauces or coffee.

The prices are very reasonable and exactly what I was expecting to pay for the things I wanted.

I will definitely be sure to stop here again the next time we go to Puerto Rico!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank alix1290

Coral Gables, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fabulous souvenir shop with excellent service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

On our trip back to the Wyndham Rio Mar from experiencing a beautiful waterfall at the top of the mountain, we stumbled upon this little place. Risell immediately greeted us and offered us some coffee without knowing whether we were just looking like most probably are or not. With her wonderful attention to us and great conversation we ended up leaving with a number of items for family back home.

The shop itself offers a great variety of items and not just your typical souvenir shop stuff. They have handmade items from a variety of artists, some cool jewelry which I hadn't seen anywhere else along with a good mix of liquors to suit most anyone.

Prices are pretty normal for a shop of this kind I thought.

Check them out if you're in the area. You won't be disappointed. And say hi to Risell.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Orestes H
Vernon, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for corporate gifts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I organized a corporate event in San Juan and I approached Caribbean Trading for some group gift ideas. Caribbean Trading offered a great variety of items. Meghann provided me with a proposals and her suggestions were all appropriate! We decided on PR coffee, an artisan mug and artisan tile. The gifts were beautifully wrapped and presented to our guests at their welcome reception. Everyone loved their gifts! They were showing off their tiles to each other. I'm planning to order more tiles!

1 Thank Anna B
NJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice gift shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

A wide variety of gifts and souvenirs at all price points in a pleasant shop. The bakery next store served some great guava pastries.

Anoka, Minnesota
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Gift Shop at entrance to El Yunque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came to Puerto Rico for business and had heard about Caribbean Trading from a friend who lives in PR. I stopped here with a goal to pick up some Jerk seasoning and other spices to bring back home. Great shop with spices, rubs, marinades, shirts, hats, souveniers, local artisan art pieces, cigars, and rum.

Take the Off The Plank Naga Jolokia Ghost Pepper challenge, great, but extremely hot ghost pepper hot sauce!

Staff was very friendly and helpful bubble wrapping my glass purchases for flight home. Highly recommend!

1 Thank Tolson70