“A pleasant surprise!”

Caribbean Trading Company Store
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Palmer
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On your way to El Yunque. Discover the treasures of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico! Caribbean Spices & Sauces, Fresh Puerto Rican Coffee, Fine Premium Cigars, Nautical & Tropical Gifts, Exquisite Gift Baskets, and Local Art. #Caribbeantrading
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was THE BEST gift shop I've been in. There were so many awesome selections for everyone in our group with reasonable prices! The shop was clean and neat and Karla was especially friendly and helpful. I will continue shopping this store online.

2  Thank ewm1102
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Trading Company Store

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stumbled across this store quite by accident on our way back from the El Yunque rainforest. Boy were we amazed. Not only by Karla's encyclopedic knowledge about spices but also by her friendly and extremely helpful disposition.

The artwork is amazing and based on the hot sauces we sampled at the store, I can't wait to get home and dig in.

This place is full of win. I will definitely stop by when next I visit Puerto Rico and I recommend anyone in the vicinity of El Yunque do the same.

2  Thank Franklin T
Reviewed December 30, 2012

What a nice gift shop off the beaten path. Very nice selection of local artists as well as the usual souveniers. Karla was very knowledgable of the artists and their wares and helpful in making selections. You must stop on your way to El Yunque.

1  Thank RITA J
Reviewed December 17, 2012

So glad we stop in to check out this shop, they have a huge variety of local artisan wares, other items. The clerk was knowledgeable and offered great advise on the El Yunque rain forest. If you are going to El Yunque, stop in on your way up there, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had read about the Caribbean Trading Store while planning our trip to Puerto Rico, and put it on our list of places to visit. We stopped by on our way back from hiking in the El Yunque rainforest, and I am SO glad we did
We were greeted by Karla who was very nice and pleasant to talk to! She was very knowledgeable and shared some history of Puerto Rico with us.
The items in the shop are not your average souvenirs. Most of them are made by local artisans, which makes them very unique.
My husband is especially proud of the 3 antique locks that he purchased!!

2  Thank alicep33