“Coffee anyone?”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Junipa's has long been a favorite with locals in the Bryanston area.Sitting on the patio, under large white umbrella's one almost forgets your still in Johannesburg, you almost feel like your in a seaside resort at times. Service is not always fast, but at which seaside resort would you expect fast service? It's ideal for those lazy Saturday mornings with friends, as you will definately wait to be served. I strongly advise booking ahead of time since this restaurant gets crowded and busy on summer mornings. Breakfast here is delicious and although preparation time may be an e star 10 minutes wait, it's definately worth your while, especially the Eggs Benedict. It's fairly priced and the menu serves a wide variety of tastes.

There are newer reviews for Junipa's

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Always meet my friends there it has the best Red cappuccino in Johannesburg ! Salads are good.
Service is slow but friendly

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have always liked Junipa's but our last experience there left a lot to be desired. We popped in for a coffee and Croissant on a Saturday and the restaurant was busy but we found a table and a waiter seated us. We then waited for about 10 mins for menus and ordered 2 x coffee's and 2 x Croissant's.

My partner wanted cheese with hers and the tiny dish that arrived was pathetic. She asked for a bit more cheese and they then brought the same sized bowl overflowing with cheese – great, but bit of overkill. The problem was they then charge us for it - I have no problem paying for an extra but to have to pay for something that should be there already leaves a sour taste.

I had the cinnamon Croissant which was nice but it had a taste of blue cheese in it - OK in a savoury dish but not ok with a sweet desert. I did tell the manager who thanked me but no suggestion of a refund / discount was offered.

R160 for 2 x Croissant's, 2 x fresh orange and 2 x cappuccino is expensive by any standards and I expect a lot more. Not sure I’ll be hurrying back.

2  Thank Moose-JHB
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am surprised at some of the bad reviews this restaurant has received. Johannesburg is so full of mediocre eateries and yet my husband and I always enjoy ourselves there. The restaurant was full on Saturday morning and the manager promised he would phone me within five minutes with an available table. This he did. My eggs Benedict (sans meat) was cooked just as I had asked, and despite the restaurant being chockers, our food arrived fairly quickly. Presentation was great, the staff were friendly and the general experience was really good. I took their chicken pies home for lunch and was back on Sunday morning to buy a selection of their amazing croissants for breakfast. It does not purport to be a cordon bleu establishment, but it serves as a great place to meet up with friends for a tasty, well presented meal. A plus: the ambience is great for cool winter days!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

service was ok but the food uninspiring. my friends and i had salads, pasta and some dessert, and it was all not good not bad. i'd eat there again if i were in the area but wouldn't go there on purpose