“Superb!!! 2nd Rude Ski trip & looking forward to going back in 2010!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of rudechalets - Chalet Joseph

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
rudechalets - Chalet Joseph
Ranked #79 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Worcestershire
“Superb!!! 2nd Rude Ski trip & looking forward to going back in 2010!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed in Chalet Joseph in March, which was our 2nd trip in 3 years to a Rude Chalet. I have to say that the whole holiday was excellent, with many features that would far exceed what you would expect from other similarly priced ski trips.

We were picked up on time from Geneva & taken to the Chalet in the centre of Morzine. The location of Chalet Joseph could literally not be better. It is a couple of minutes walk to the pleney lift, a welcome relief when in ski boots! Very close to bars / shops / restaurants. The communal parts of the chalet again were unbeatable & every effort had clearly been taken to provide high quality of living space & entertainment. There was bar football / games consoles / hundreds of DVDs on the entertainment system / laptop available to use & free wireless / LCD TV in each room..... Lift passes are organised for you prior to arrival & the equiptment hire guys come to the chalet to fit your gear, basically they make things as easy as possible for you to just relax & enjoy your trip.

The catering was out of this world. My sister & I are fussy vegetarians & can honeslty say that have eaten far worse food in top class 5* hotels. Our partners are not so fussy, meat eating, men with hollow legs & thay also though the food was awesome! Breakfast lovely, there was fresh baked cake & french bread for afternoon tea when you get back from the slopes & a 3 course dinner each evening (apart from the 1 night that chalet staff get off when there are many lovely local restaurants you can choose from.) There is unlimited soft drinks & house wine plus a reasonably priced honesty bar for other drinks. We were also offered a cheese board with port after dinner, if you can fit it in - this was a really nice extra touch!

If you need lessons or anything else, the Rude staff can organise this for you. You get the impression that nothing is too much trouble.

Skiiing & boarding in Morzine & Super Avoriaz caters for all levels from the very novice to the experienced black runners & includes jump parks & plenty of oss pitse runs. This was great as there was a wide variety of levels in our group so we could hit the slopes together for part of the day then split up so the more experienced guys could go challenge themselves, & I could go & enjoy a vin chaud in the sun while waiting for them to return! The Mossetts, Avoriz run is a must for spectacular views.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions I may be able to answer.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Me (caz) and Jon have been to rudechalets 2 years in a row now and are looking to go again next year.

We went for our first ever snowboarding holiday and felt completely looked after. You are shown where to hire out boots, boards, where to meet your snowboarding instructor, where to go for drinks. It was amazing. Everything was taken care of and felt completely relaxed and at ease. All the staff are super friendly and are there to help when ever you need them.

The food is amazing from the hot breakfast with porridge and eggs to the 3 course meal at night. It was like eating at a 5 star restaurant every night with no skimping on the portions. Also there is tea and lovely cakes all day long.

The rooms are warm and cozy with nice strong hot showers and the hot tub outside was a great way to end the day and get rid of all our aches and pains.

Just talking about it makes me want to go back right now.

Would recommend rude chalets to everyone and especially if you have never been boarding or skiing before. You feel so at ease staying there and its the same every year. Not just for the new comers.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I honestly can’t put into works how fantastic my holiday experience was with Rude Chalets. I’ve been recommending it to all of my friends who are beginners and experts. Having read through the other reviews and if I had not already experienced it for myself then I’d find it hard to believe. I’ll be revisiting the 1st week of the season 2009 and it can’t come soon enough. 12 years of skiing and snowboarding holidays and this was the best by far. I suppose that says it all really.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

My housemate and I stayed at Chalet Joseph when we took part in Rude Girls week this January. Snowboarding with a huge group of crazy ladies was fantastic - a totally different vibe to snowboarding with guys. Everything about the chalet was brilliant - clean, tidy, great food, cool decor, fab location, lovely hosts! Helen and Chris were always popping in to say hi at breakfast or dinner which was really great considering how busy they must have been, and their extensive knowlegde of the ski areas meant we could all go on epic all-day rides and not get completely lost!

There were all levels of ability in the girls from complete beginners to pretty advanced riders but nobody was made to feel inadequate or under pressure and that was one of the nicest things about the Rude Girls week. I could go on about all the other great things we got up to but I don't think the word count will let me!

We're hoping to go back with all our friends next season, although not for Rude Girls week unfortunately as the boys want to get in on the action this time!

Anyway guys, keep up the good work and hopefully see you next season!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I stayed at Chalet Joseph during the Rude Girls week and have to say it was absolutely wicked. Great chalet, fantastic location, excellent food. Chris and Helen are great and really go out of their way to make sure you have the best time ever staying in their chalets. They know the area really well so make great guides too. Ask them about night sledging at the refuge - I've never laughed so much in my life. Rude Chalets aren't just chalets - they're an experience not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

Having heard good things I stayed with Rudechalets in season (07-08) and realised that the company was everything it was cracked up to be, and more.
Helen & Chris are some of the most enthusiastic and motivating people I know in the snowboard industry (I work in the industry too so have met quite a range of folks).
Their staff are always helpful above and beyond the norm and the whole set up is designed to make you relax and simply ENJOY your time in the mountains.
Catering is superb. Chalets are clean and efficiently run. Locations are well placed. Guidance is on hand without question if needed.

With such a good first experience and the enthusiasm of Rude it was decided to run our first dry slope group riders holiday event (The M & D Project) in association with RudeChalets.com.
Thanks to the support and enthusiasm from the guys and girls at Rude for what 2 dry slope instructors were trying to do (more than the average holiday) it was a rip roaring success and based on our client feedback will likely be repeated.

If you want a good quality and people friendly chalet experience then seriously consider these guys. They have made the decision to make a life in the mountains because they love it so much and want others to experience a taste of that lifestyle. I also know that they are continually making further developments and working very hard to give customers a memorable experience without breaking the bank.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Leics
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

The first I heard of Rude Chalets was a small piece in one of my husband's snowboarding magazines in 2003. We were looking for a place to go with our baby daughter for her first snow experience. Rude chalets had a cool look, a hot tub, Playstations in every room and a large plasma screen TV...we were sold!
Our first trip, in January 2004, was fantastic. Great, friendly staff, delicious food and comfortable accommodation...we headed back in 2005 and filled the chalet (Chalet Joseph) with our friends. We then returned in 2006, 2007, 2009...you get the picture.
Chris & Helen and their staff cannot do enough to ensure a wonderful stay in Morzine. From offering to ensure we had nappies & baby food at the chalet on our arrival to sorting out a video maker for my husband's 30th birthday snowboarding video to arranging massages to helping us find an in-chalet nanny to mountain guiding, they offer it all.
I can't wait until 2010...Rudegirls week, here I come!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family