“Everything you could ask for in a ski/snowboarding holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
rudechalets - Chalet Joseph
Ranked #79 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
London
“Everything you could ask for in a ski/snowboarding holiday”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I honestly can’t put into works how fantastic my holiday experience was with Rude Chalets. I’ve been recommending it to all of my friends who are beginners and experts. Having read through the other reviews and if I had not already experienced it for myself then I’d find it hard to believe. I’ll be revisiting the 1st week of the season 2009 and it can’t come soon enough. 12 years of skiing and snowboarding holidays and this was the best by far. I suppose that says it all really.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brighton
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My housemate and I stayed at Chalet Joseph when we took part in Rude Girls week this January. Snowboarding with a huge group of crazy ladies was fantastic - a totally different vibe to snowboarding with guys. Everything about the chalet was brilliant - clean, tidy, great food, cool decor, fab location, lovely hosts! Helen and Chris were always popping in to say hi at breakfast or dinner which was really great considering how busy they must have been, and their extensive knowlegde of the ski areas meant we could all go on epic all-day rides and not get completely lost!

There were all levels of ability in the girls from complete beginners to pretty advanced riders but nobody was made to feel inadequate or under pressure and that was one of the nicest things about the Rude Girls week. I could go on about all the other great things we got up to but I don't think the word count will let me!

We're hoping to go back with all our friends next season, although not for Rude Girls week unfortunately as the boys want to get in on the action this time!

Anyway guys, keep up the good work and hopefully see you next season!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I stayed at Chalet Joseph during the Rude Girls week and have to say it was absolutely wicked. Great chalet, fantastic location, excellent food. Chris and Helen are great and really go out of their way to make sure you have the best time ever staying in their chalets. They know the area really well so make great guides too. Ask them about night sledging at the refuge - I've never laughed so much in my life. Rude Chalets aren't just chalets - they're an experience not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Norwich
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Having heard good things I stayed with Rudechalets in season (07-08) and realised that the company was everything it was cracked up to be, and more.
Helen & Chris are some of the most enthusiastic and motivating people I know in the snowboard industry (I work in the industry too so have met quite a range of folks).
Their staff are always helpful above and beyond the norm and the whole set up is designed to make you relax and simply ENJOY your time in the mountains.
Catering is superb. Chalets are clean and efficiently run. Locations are well placed. Guidance is on hand without question if needed.

With such a good first experience and the enthusiasm of Rude it was decided to run our first dry slope group riders holiday event (The M & D Project) in association with RudeChalets.com.
Thanks to the support and enthusiasm from the guys and girls at Rude for what 2 dry slope instructors were trying to do (more than the average holiday) it was a rip roaring success and based on our client feedback will likely be repeated.

If you want a good quality and people friendly chalet experience then seriously consider these guys. They have made the decision to make a life in the mountains because they love it so much and want others to experience a taste of that lifestyle. I also know that they are continually making further developments and working very hard to give customers a memorable experience without breaking the bank.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Leics
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The first I heard of Rude Chalets was a small piece in one of my husband's snowboarding magazines in 2003. We were looking for a place to go with our baby daughter for her first snow experience. Rude chalets had a cool look, a hot tub, Playstations in every room and a large plasma screen TV...we were sold!
Our first trip, in January 2004, was fantastic. Great, friendly staff, delicious food and comfortable accommodation...we headed back in 2005 and filled the chalet (Chalet Joseph) with our friends. We then returned in 2006, 2007, 2009...you get the picture.
Chris & Helen and their staff cannot do enough to ensure a wonderful stay in Morzine. From offering to ensure we had nappies & baby food at the chalet on our arrival to sorting out a video maker for my husband's 30th birthday snowboarding video to arranging massages to helping us find an in-chalet nanny to mountain guiding, they offer it all.
I can't wait until 2010...Rudegirls week, here I come!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank MummyHG
Horsham, UK
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I travelled to Morzine in March 2009 in a large group of 17 (including 6 children under 5) consisting of families with kids, couples and single people. Some of us could ski / board and for some of us it was our first experience of a winter holiday. I have to say that dealing with Rude Chalets was an absolute pleasure. The communication before we travelled from the UK was second to none - Helen answering what seemed like endless emails about everything imaginable!!!! Her local knowledge was extensive helping us to feel confident that once we were on our way everything would run smoothly - very important when organising a group holiday for so many people. Arrival and transfer to the resort was efficient and we received a warm welcome when we arrived at Chalet Joseph. The chalet itself is clean, well equipped but most importantly in a fabulous location. The view from the loung window is breathtaking. There is an outside area which is like your own "back garden" which is ideal for snowman building / snowball fights if were considering taking children. The chalet Host, Dan was an absolute credit to Chris and Helen. He looked us (including 6 very excitable and noisy children) with effortless ease and produced some amazing food. Nothing was too much trouble. Now not being a skiier myself I can't comment on the skiing in the region but can pass on the comments from all of our group who did ski, which was that it was the best skiing they had ever done and the majority I suspect will be returning to Morzine in the future.
I would highly recommend a stay with Rude Chalets in Morzine and me and my family will certainly be returning guests.

• Stayed March 2009
Muscat
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Even the most miserable Doris would find it hard to complain about RudeChalets! Chris, Helen, their staff, the chalets, the service, the food - oh yes, the food, the location, the friendly atmosphere, the attnetion to detail and the fantastic sceneray all made this one amazing winter holiday. If your into skiing and/or riding and like catered chalet accomodation then RudeChalets is a must and if you havn't then RudeChalets is a must.

You won't be dissapointed - not even miserable Doris, shame!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple