“Perfect chalet-Even better hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
More Mountain - Chalet Jirishanca
Ranked #3 of 146 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just returned from our first ever skiing trip and what can I say, it was perfect from start to finish. The chalet is beautiful with all mod cons, situated in the middle of Morzine making it only a short walk from all the shops and bars. We where lucky enough to have Phil and Sophie as our hosts and they were fabulous, from Sophie's home made cooking which was exceptional to Phil's home made toffee vodka they made our holiday and could not do enough for us. Thanks from us all.
Morzine is beautiful with plenty to see and do and the skiing was brilliant.
I would not think twice about booking with More Mountain again for our next holiday as it exceeded all of our expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Just returned from a week in Chalet Jirishanca More Mountain, and can only give this place and the hosts Phil and Sophie our highest recommendation. Its hard to imagine that anywhere could beat this place for a skiing holiday in luxury, comfort and everything being taken care of.

There were eight of us - two families of four. The location is ideal, near to the centre of town. The chalet itself is huge, with a beautiful kitchen and eating area, two separate living rooms so in our case the kids could play on the X--Box while the adults watch television. Hot tub is a luxurious touch, beds were very comfortable and it was all very clean and modern.

We were early in the season so the Pleney lifts / Morzine pistes were closed, but we had enough snow up in Avoriaz so travelled up there to ski which was an adventure. The snow came down heavily on our last two days so anyone visiting for Christmas will have plenty of it!

Sophie and Phil were the perfect hosts - the food was amazing, breakfast was delicious with bacon and egg as well as the continental spread, Sophie's cakes were always warmly welcomed on our return from the slopes, and dinner was excellent every night without fail.

Phil was on hand to make everything happen, transporting us to the lifts, arranging our ski gear, giving us good local advice and generally being extremely efficient and accommodating to all of our needs. Both of them were great with our kids who are 3 and 5 - our little girl really took to Sophie and wanted to help her in the kitchen! They were always totally professional.

Quite simply this was a holiday that couldn't really have gone any better, thanks to the More Mountain way of doing things, their outstanding hosts Phil and Sophie and their very high standard chalet accommodation. Anyone who has booked this place is in for a real treat!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Recently returned from an excellent week at Chalet Jirishanca. I couldn't ask for better hosts than Fin and Wendy. Very welcoming and attentive. I only wish I had them to cook for me each evening. I want the recipe for the carrot cake. The chalet itself feels like a mountain retreat with all the mod cons. Rooms are ample in size with modern amenities. Hot Tub is the perfect end to a day on the hill. Couldn't ask for a better location being a 100 yards from the Super Morzine Bubble. Couldn't recommend the chalet highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I had an exceptional holiday, the chalet is extremely close to the lifts and Fin and Wendy were excellent hosts. They were both very attentive and helpful with everything. The menu was brilliant even for a fussy eater like me. The chalet is very luxurious with the hot tub, multiple televisions, games console, radios and I-pad not to mention the quality of the rooms and communal spaces! I cannot recommend staying here enough! If for some reason I can't make it back next year I'll be as sick as a PARROT!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is the latest of More Mountain's chalets in Morzine, opening at the start of the 12/13 season. As with all More Mountain chalets, it's a good looking affair: bright, clean and well-appointed.

Its great advantage is that it's a two minute walk (if you're sensible and therefore snowboard) or a slightly longer heel click wobble (if you're not and...) to the Super M bubble, and that can get you up into Avoriaz via another lift in about 10 minutes if you're quick. From there it's up and out to the winter wonderland that's the Port de Soleil. Even better is a home run that actually gets you down rather than ending up in a car park and the scramble for the bus.

More Mountain are good judges of what their regular season clients want from chalet hosts (capable, mature and discrete) and their cookery finishing school at the start of the season means that breakfast and dinner can always be looked forward to.

Having stayed in four of the five More Mountain chalets I'd have to say it's not my favourite - that goes to the Cabine for purely sentimental reasons - but its two tv/ lounge areas means that both football can be watched and digested while Xbox golf goes on elsewhere without the two groups coming to blows. So perhaps one for large family groups where teenagers can avoid parents and vice versa?

More Mountain are at the higher end of the chalet board market and are well aware of what these kind of clients want. So: not the cheapest, but this new chalet delivers on their promise to deliver contemporary and luxury accommodation in the heart of Morzine.

I've added a rating on a pool/ fitness centre not because the chalet has one (I don't want anyone to feel I've misrepresented) but because five minutes away is the excellent Avoriaz Aquatic/wellness centre that was great for my partner and I who needed to keep up our triathlon swim training.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the bedroom shown in the picture if you like your sleep. Yes it has a balcony, but it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

April POW camp?
Who expected to be boarding in April and to be ridding in POW (powder, never a bad thing)
The weather and snow conditions were the only uncertainty about this holiday, the accommodation and service that we'd receive from More Mountain was already assumed to be beyond doubt.
This is our third stay with More Mountain, this time in the "jerishanca", once again as a couple mixed in with 12 other guests.
They say that the third time's a charm and this time the charm came in the form of Fin & Wendy, our hosts, doing everything in their powers to make our stay as comfortable as possible and rising to any challenge put to them by the guests.
Once again the chalet was clean, well equipped and in a brilliant location for access to both the "Super Morzine" lift and also the town itself.
To be honest I could eulogise at length about More Mountain, it's staff (throughout the company) and of course it's accommodation but I think that I will end now as I want to return again next year to enjoy their hospitality and don't want too many of you booking up all the available spaces!

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed with More mountain before we had great expectations, we where not disappointed . Fin and Wendy are lovely , cheery and always happy to help with anything you want.chalet is gorgeous big and very comfortable. Lovely location , great food and service. We will be back next year for Slushy!!