“Highs and lows, very poor service”
Review of La Dez'Alp

La Dez'Alp
Ranked #78 of 164 Restaurants in Morzine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Highs and lows, very poor service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Having visited this restaurant for three years in a row I was expecting good things for my birthday meal. Myself and my girlfriend both really enjoyed our starters, I had the pâté and she had the onion soup. Lovely flavour and textures however the presentation was slightly over the top but fun. We were both really looking forward to our steaks for our main course. We ordered both the steaks with gratin potatoes and a mushroom sauce, however when they arrived one was with a herb butter instead of mushroom sauce, we weren't too bothered by that and awaited our gratin potatoes which the waitress said were on the way. After a minute or so wait she came out with chips, I explained we ordered gratin potatoes not chips and she vaguely responded with some dismissive French as she realised she had made a mistake. Instead of sorting out the mistake she rudely ignored us and skulked about behind the bar hoping we would just eat the chips and forget about it. On top of this the steaks had no seasoning whatsoever, the mousse was under seasoned also. The green beans were over cooked and cooked from frozen. We ate only half of our meals and didn't touch the chips. After putting our knifes and forks together the waitress came over and remarked that we were eating slowly, we replied, saying we had finished and she began clearing our table. The meal came to 85€ including a bottle of wine. The mistakes on the order, however disappointing was nothing compared to the rudeness and unprofessionalism of our waitress, if she had admitted her mistake and apologised we would of been happy as we aren't the sort to complain. Quite honestly our mains should have been taken off the bill as we clearly werent happy and barely ate any of it. I won't be going there again and I only hope our experience was a one off as my previous experiences at this restaurant have been great.

2 Thank Josoph

Morzine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have spent New Years eve in the restaurant for two years on the run and will probably be going back again next year.

There was 10 of us for dinner and staff did everything they could to make it a special night for all of us.

The food was excellent and the price for a New Years Eve dinner was below the average prices charge by restaurants of this caliber in Morzine.

We have also had lunch and dinner there on many normal days.

There is a very large window which takes up the back of the restaurant giving a wonderful view all the way across the valley

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I think all my family would agree with me

• Visited December 2012
Carmel, Indiana
“Fantastic French Brasserie”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a gorgeous restaurant!! We visited Morzine last summer and ate here a few times we loved it so much. The food is delicious, the service is super and the decor is just gorgeous with fantastic views all the way up to Avoriaz. We also stopped in quite often just for a drink in the afternoon on the terrace which looks out onto the busiest street in Morzine - lovely spot to just sit and people watch. Very family friendly, ice- cream and crepes were a huge hit with our 1 year old. Well worth a visit!!

• Visited July 2012