Ski & Summer Morzine - Chalet Savoy
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Morzine
See available hotels
Bonne Valette(Morzine)
Hotel l'Igloo(Morzine)
Hotel Le Dahu(Morzine)
View Hotel
All reviewspre dinner drinksgreat locationnext yearperfect weekendbubble lifta great stayevery nightmain liftcooked breakfastmany thanksshort breakamazing holidayski areaplenty of hot watercable carcourse dinnergreat food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just got back from a three night stay at the Savoy in Morzine, its no more than a couple of minites walk from the main bars ,retsaurants and ski lifts but is not on a main road so is still nice and quiet. Rooms were all like new and very clean. When i arrived was greeted by Corrina, very friendly and easy to talk to, who then told me the free bar was open and served us all drinks and joining in with the banter, Later dinner was served by Lucy equally friendly and helpful. Dinner was cooked by Olly who was a Chef and it was excellent and he changed the menus completely every day. Its a really well done place by people who enjoy what they do.
G Bevan

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank graham b
PaulSugg, Owner at Ski & Summer Morzine - Chalet Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review Graham. I'm sorry to say that Corina will be working in the Middle East this winter, but Lucy will be back with us, plus a new chef who has been working for us this summer, whom we rate even better than Olly! Look forward to seeing you back with again this winter.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just on the final afternoon of a great four day holiday at Chalet Savoy.. Food staff company and accomodation were first class. Had a lovely room with a magnificent view and although I am no longer able to ski I was accompanied by daughter, daughter in law and my cousin and two of them skied. Fantastic resort with great transport available. Nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful staff and thanks to Lucy, Corina,, Karl Olly and Leon for making a special time with the girls in my family a fantastic success. They seemed to go the extra mile to make everything work for everybody. Also a good resort for non skiers, plenty to keep us occupied. Well done Paul, fantastic company you run and oh yes we will be back. Liz Stuart. A hot tub would give it 12 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hawthorns192
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my second trip with SkiMorzine and my first time at the Savoy chalet. It's location is fantastic, literally 30 seconds to the Super morzine lift and a 5 min walk to the Pleney lift. The accomodation is very comfortable with a nice bar to socialise with the other guests and staff, and a large lounge to Chill with great views over Morzine. The food while I was there was excellent, cooked breakfast, afternoon cake and tea, free pre dinner drinks and a three course dinner followed by cheese in the bar. Also the transfers with Skiidy Gonzales were very easy and inclusive in the price. The resident Ski host Laura is very friendly with masses of local slope knowledge and although I didn't do this one of my party did for the second time and had a great day on the slopes. But people make a holiday and the staff at Savoy this season are fantastic, friendly and made us feel very welcome and looked after. Big shout has to go to Ollie, Lucy and Corrina who made us feel like friends not guests and to Leon who couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Oz555555555
Reviewed April 12, 2012

It's taken me a year to post this review but it might make it more objective. We stayed here in February 2011.

We stayed here after previously staying at exceptional catered chalets elsewhere in France - so we had high expectations, which, sadly, were not met on this occasion.

The chalet is beautiful, and perfectly situated. However, the service and the food is not so good. Firstly, the children were almost locked away for their kids' dinners which I hated. Either you are family-friendly or not. In my view, pretending that kids aren't there doesn't make you family-friendly. The children's food was incredibly disappointing; poor-quality processed food like chicken nuggets and chips. A chalet of this type should be offering, freshly-prepared home-cooked food. Elsewhere our kids have had so much better. Even the pizza was horrible, how can you ruin a pizza?! Or maybe it was frozen....

The adults' meals were no better. Very disappointing in quality, and no inspiring menus, but boring food you might cook at home (only mine is better!) eg spag Bol. Doesn't make for an exceptional dining experience and we were relieved on the chef's night off. We also chose to go out to eat on another night rather than eat at the chalet, but when you pay for a catered chalet, you only do this as a last resort.

Service is ok but we found that we weren't really treated as paying guests. I find this difficult to explain but there was an arrogance from the staff that made us feel as if were doing them a favour and should conform to their requirements. Including the management. When I asked for something one morning, I was dismissed by the ski guide and told to ask a chalet girl. Clearly there is a hierarchy going on but she should have sorted it herself, I don't really care who does what.

I took all this up with Paul on return home and to be fair he did discuss this at length with me (on email). He also offered us a discount on our next booking but we won't go back I'm afraid.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Coleyach
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the chalet for 4 nights between 26feb and 1 march 2012. We booked the chalet through ski morzine who also arranged free transfers for us from Geneva Airport.

When we arrived we were given tea and cakes then shown to are rooms which are very well presented,clean and warm.
The food is of a very good standard,with free wine at dinner, and a hot cooked option every breakfast, and the hosts go out there way to make you feel very welcome,and nothing seems to much trouble.

There is a lounge area downstairs,on the first floor is the dining room then on the second floor there is a large,lounge room with a cosy wood burner and views over the Pleney slopes.

The only slight little grumble is that the rooms were very hot at night with no control over the temp,had to sleep with the patio door a jar,but other than that a very well run place,cant wait to return next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends