“Snowboarding break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Ski & Summer Morzine - Chalet Savoy
Ranked #11 of 48 Morzine B&B and Inns
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Snowboarding break”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my second trip with SkiMorzine and my first time at the Savoy chalet. It's location is fantastic, literally 30 seconds to the Super morzine lift and a 5 min walk to the Pleney lift. The accomodation is very comfortable with a nice bar to socialise with the other guests and staff, and a large lounge to Chill with great views over Morzine. The food while I was there was excellent, cooked breakfast, afternoon cake and tea, free pre dinner drinks and a three course dinner followed by cheese in the bar. Also the transfers with Skiidy Gonzales were very easy and inclusive in the price. The resident Ski host Laura is very friendly with masses of local slope knowledge and although I didn't do this one of my party did for the second time and had a great day on the slopes. But people make a holiday and the staff at Savoy this season are fantastic, friendly and made us feel very welcome and looked after. Big shout has to go to Ollie, Lucy and Corrina who made us feel like friends not guests and to Leon who couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Oz555555555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 12, 2012

It's taken me a year to post this review but it might make it more objective. We stayed here in February 2011.

We stayed here after previously staying at exceptional catered chalets elsewhere in France - so we had high expectations, which, sadly, were not met on this occasion.

The chalet is beautiful, and perfectly situated. However, the service and the food is not so good. Firstly, the children were almost locked away for their kids' dinners which I hated. Either you are family-friendly or not. In my view, pretending that kids aren't there doesn't make you family-friendly. The children's food was incredibly disappointing; poor-quality processed food like chicken nuggets and chips. A chalet of this type should be offering, freshly-prepared home-cooked food. Elsewhere our kids have had so much better. Even the pizza was horrible, how can you ruin a pizza?! Or maybe it was frozen....

The adults' meals were no better. Very disappointing in quality, and no inspiring menus, but boring food you might cook at home (only mine is better!) eg spag Bol. Doesn't make for an exceptional dining experience and we were relieved on the chef's night off. We also chose to go out to eat on another night rather than eat at the chalet, but when you pay for a catered chalet, you only do this as a last resort.

Service is ok but we found that we weren't really treated as paying guests. I find this difficult to explain but there was an arrogance from the staff that made us feel as if were doing them a favour and should conform to their requirements. Including the management. When I asked for something one morning, I was dismissed by the ski guide and told to ask a chalet girl. Clearly there is a hierarchy going on but she should have sorted it herself, I don't really care who does what.

I took all this up with Paul on return home and to be fair he did discuss this at length with me (on email). He also offered us a discount on our next booking but we won't go back I'm afraid.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Coleyach
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at the chalet for 4 nights between 26feb and 1 march 2012. We booked the chalet through ski morzine who also arranged free transfers for us from Geneva Airport.

When we arrived we were given tea and cakes then shown to are rooms which are very well presented,clean and warm.
The food is of a very good standard,with free wine at dinner, and a hot cooked option every breakfast, and the hosts go out there way to make you feel very welcome,and nothing seems to much trouble.

There is a lounge area downstairs,on the first floor is the dining room then on the second floor there is a large,lounge room with a cosy wood burner and views over the Pleney slopes.

The only slight little grumble is that the rooms were very hot at night with no control over the temp,had to sleep with the patio door a jar,but other than that a very well run place,cant wait to return next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wriggler55
cardiff,wales
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I recently stayed here in feb 2012 for 4 nights ,the pluses are the extremely friendly reception and closeness to the main lift ,being only 50metres away,the rooms are very basic as is the overall chalet,drinks though are very reasonable ,the food is overall excellent ,only downside being you have one choice of each course ,but you do get the offer of a veggie option.
Overall very good but basic,but the service and attention were excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Visited last summer, fantastic place. Morzine is lovely picturesque place with plenty to do. The staff are very friendly, the room clean with decent bathroom. The chalet itself is very close to the lift, very close to the main centre, but down a side street so fairly quiet, a perfect spot.
My girlfriend and I had a cool time and we'd love to come back a do a week of skiing, perhaps next year, it would be good to bring some friends out too.... fingers crossed as I'm sure it will be a great trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monkeymagik
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've stayed in this chalet a number of times over the past few years and always found it to be first class. The staff are always really friendly and great at what they do, the food is fantastic and it's pretty much the closest chalet in Morzine to the super morzine lift which takes you up towards Avoriaz and most of the ski area.

The rooms are really comfortable and there's always loads of hot water for that hot shower at the end of the day.

Laura the ski guide is a great asset of the chalet, she knows the area extremely well and I would recommend anyone to have at least one day with her.

We will be back.

Tim

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Tim8000
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed in Hotel Savoy in March 2011. We had an absolutely brilliant time, even though there was not too much snow (annoying) the location was excellant and only 2 minutes walk from the ski lifts and very central to Morzine Village. The staff were very friendly just like one big family and the whole feel of the chalet was very relaxed and caring. The rooms were perfect, simple but perfect, bathrooms great with lots of hot water!
I would definately reccomend the chalet to anyone either for a big or small group everybody was made to feel very welcome.
Well done Ski Morzine.. this is a great chalet offering great accomodation and the service was way above exceptional.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family