“Excellent value and location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalets Club Les Gourmets
Ranked #114 of 150 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went on the 7 days skiing trip with ski weekends. The coach journey was fine - longer but actually more relaxing than flying! The location of this hotel is fantastic, right in the centre of town and just a few minutes walk from both the major lifts to access the Morzine and Avoriaz ski areas.

The hotel is basic, but great value for what you pay. The staff are friendly and there's lots of food. It's warm and there was always plenty of hot water.

I would definitely recommend staying in the Grand Chalet though, as it is just that bit more spacious and comfortable than the more budget Petit Chalet option.

All in all, a brilliant trip, would definitely go back at the drop of a hat!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chal0404

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Three Families (5 adults + 6 teenagers) Just returned from great New Years 5 days skiing in Morzine at Chalet Gormet with Ski Weekends.com -
First the journey, picked up from STOP 24 near Dover as we live near Southampton this was easier than central London and saved 2 hours. Coach was superb, club reclining seats had so much leg room my wife 5'2" could not reach foot rest when it was down - just reached once adjustment explained! After watching Johnny English 2 dozed the night and arrived at chalet 9am ish for full first days skiing, lift passes pre-ordered and skiis pre-ordered collected on short walk to the lift.
Chalet is old and bedrooms, some huge, not fully ensuite - some are, but on this holiday who cares? Plenty of bathrooms and showers and WC's. The whole chalet is cozy and relaxed with lots of gound floor space too to meet other guests and compare days skiing etc - TV with sky sports - and separate dining room. Food was great, breakfast is as advertised buffet with cereals, juices, fruit and fresh pastries, the bonus was choice of cooked for a couple of ££ extra. (Given the incredible value Ski Weekends offer no one can begrudge this). Staff first class, Debbie in charge clearly experienced with good crew under her always helpful and attentive and Chef produced super three courses each night.
Always very HOT HOT HOT water and decent linen and towels etc.
The last day pick up 6pm yesterday, dropped back at STOP 24 at 6am and we were home for 9am this morning having stopped at Fleet services for full English en route.
If time is precious to you Ski Weekends offers a great solution to faffing about wasting two days getting to the Alps and back being annoyed by Airports and delays for the price it's incredible!
WE will be back, maybe again this year......
Oh yes and the Snow and Sunshine was plentiful - Morzine vibrant, central squre 1 minutes walk!

Room Tip: Just go with the flow !!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jami mike
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel came as part of a Christmas package with Skiweekends that was far cheaper than most.

The good points: it is genuinely only a five minute walk to the Super M gondola. You can be sliding around in 10 minutes and taking a lift out of the base of Avoriaz in about 20 (if you're swift and there are no queues at the two connecting lifts); the staff are friendly and low key, which can be a blessing if you're trying to escape bigger companies' après hard sell; the chef works hard to meet all challenges (a vegan Christmas dinner with no notice?); there's plentiful hot drinks and cake at the end of the day and equally plentiful hot water in the showers, which isn't always the case in some places if you come down on the last lift; there's English tv; the rooms are clean.

The bits you need to be ok with: our room in the annexe was pretty small for a double - no problem if you're only there to sleep; the walls were thin - a note to couples and those who snore...; the toilet (always clean) is the size of a small broom cupboard with an inward swinging door, which is easy to get in but not so east to get out of... That's about it.

So: cheap, clean, friendly and well placed. It's charm is its relatively low key atmosphere, and it's certainly worth looking at if you're on a budget. Oh, and we're both snowboarders (there's no such thing as a 'boarder' on the hill, in the same way skiers aren't '-ers'...

Room Tip: Probably not annexe 3 as its next to the toilet and a thin partition wall with annexe 2
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank duffa101
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I haven't put pen to paper before this but I have to say our recent stay exceeded our expectations..
Having read mixed reports on this site before travelling we took the view that we had booked for value rather than overall comfort but what a break!!
staff brilliant - thanks to friendly and accomodating Riley,Els and Vickers
Food was fantastic EVERY night and the menu varies day to day so remained interesting and accompanied the gallons of wine really well on the table.
as some of the dishes were aimed at an adult taste our children where offered alternatives if they wanted them - another nice and unexpected touch.
The coach journey both ways was easy and the chalet really is located only a couple of minutes from the super Morzine cable car..
nothing could have improved our stay and my thanks go to both the staff, the chef and the company we where lucky enough to share in the chalet.
cant rate this highly enough
Mark

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark U
Reviewed April 9, 2012

just back right now from a ski weekend to Morzine we had a great time.I was worried that the chalet would be full of young noisy teenagers and just us two old wrinklies (50 ,s) I was so wrong,the crowd were all ages and friendly great fun, we really loved it,the chalet was warm and cosy food was great and plenty of it washed down with lots of wine.The staff were very helpful and really nice a real plus.We will definatly go back ,a fantastic break and 3 whole days skiing bliss.

Room Tip: The 3 bedded room gave more space and had an en-suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorraine d
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I am not a keen ski-er and was a bit concerned that the chalet would be full of young and really keen boarders but this was unfounded as the other guestes were of mixed ages etc and this added to the good atmoshere .Also the chalets postion is excellent - near the lifts - so you dont have to lug your kit too far which pleased me greatly!
We had a double ensuite room which was a bit basic and tired but warm with hot water and a comfortable bed so what more do you need? The staff are all friendly, cheerfull and helpful and the food is excellent - cooked and presented beautifully and the wine flowed so generously that we hardly went out at night at all.
Only real negative is the length of the overland journey which is a bit of a nightmare and the coach seats definitely need to have more padding to lessen the pressure on your derriere.
Overall we had a great holiday and particularly enjoyed the company of two of the other guests who made us laugh and spent time out ski-ing with my husband while I went wandering etc. ( thanks guys!)

Room Tip: We had room 2 - basic but all you need for a ski hol.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank torchello
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at Club Chalet Gourmets on the weekend of 25/26th Feb 2012. I travelled with Skiweekends over Christmas to Brides les Bains and despite that trip being badly organised, it was such good value for money that I decided to book again with them. I was extremely pleased with my trip to Club Chalet Gourmets - I think people who have rated it badly don't realise what excellent value for money it is.

The coach trip was pleasant enough and we arrived about 9am at the Chalet. We were allowed to drop our bags in our room (we could not do this on the Bride les Bain trip). We then went down for breakfast where we were issued with our ski passes and hire vouchers. This process was very smooth and the staff were friendly and efficient.

I got into my ski gear and collected my hire skis from Skiset. The Chalet is right in the centre of Morzine, perfectly located for the Pleiny (5 mins walk in ski boots) and Super Morzine (5 min walk in ski boots) lifts. I was on the slopes by 10am.

I was staying in the Petit Chalet, which is the budget option. The room was perfectly adequate - nice and warm and comfy bed. The shared bathroom was kept clean, the water was hot and there were two shared WCs. I didn't have to wait for the bathroom once.

Dinner was better than I expected - 3 course meal, not restaurant standard but certainly hearty home cooked food in generous portions. The wine flowed freely and good chance to meet other guests.

I was travelling by myself and this trip was the perfect opportunity to meet other skiiers to ski with and go out with. The Chalet is right in the centre of Morzine, just a couple of minutes walk from the bar and shops.

I was so pleased with the trip I am going again over Easter. I would highly recommend this trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo