“great value great staff great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chalets Club Les Gourmets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalets Club Les Gourmets
Ranked #108 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Oxford, United Kingdom
“great value great staff great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

just back right now from a ski weekend to Morzine we had a great time.I was worried that the chalet would be full of young noisy teenagers and just us two old wrinklies (50 ,s) I was so wrong,the crowd were all ages and friendly great fun, we really loved it,the chalet was warm and cosy food was great and plenty of it washed down with lots of wine.The staff were very helpful and really nice a real plus.We will definatly go back ,a fantastic break and 3 whole days skiing bliss.

Room Tip: The 3 bedded room gave more space and had an en-suite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorraine d

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I am not a keen ski-er and was a bit concerned that the chalet would be full of young and really keen boarders but this was unfounded as the other guestes were of mixed ages etc and this added to the good atmoshere .Also the chalets postion is excellent - near the lifts - so you dont have to lug your kit too far which pleased me greatly!
We had a double ensuite room which was a bit basic and tired but warm with hot water and a comfortable bed so what more do you need? The staff are all friendly, cheerfull and helpful and the food is excellent - cooked and presented beautifully and the wine flowed so generously that we hardly went out at night at all.
Only real negative is the length of the overland journey which is a bit of a nightmare and the coach seats definitely need to have more padding to lessen the pressure on your derriere.
Overall we had a great holiday and particularly enjoyed the company of two of the other guests who made us laugh and spent time out ski-ing with my husband while I went wandering etc. ( thanks guys!)

Room Tip: We had room 2 - basic but all you need for a ski hol.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank torchello
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at Club Chalet Gourmets on the weekend of 25/26th Feb 2012. I travelled with Skiweekends over Christmas to Brides les Bains and despite that trip being badly organised, it was such good value for money that I decided to book again with them. I was extremely pleased with my trip to Club Chalet Gourmets - I think people who have rated it badly don't realise what excellent value for money it is.

The coach trip was pleasant enough and we arrived about 9am at the Chalet. We were allowed to drop our bags in our room (we could not do this on the Bride les Bain trip). We then went down for breakfast where we were issued with our ski passes and hire vouchers. This process was very smooth and the staff were friendly and efficient.

I got into my ski gear and collected my hire skis from Skiset. The Chalet is right in the centre of Morzine, perfectly located for the Pleiny (5 mins walk in ski boots) and Super Morzine (5 min walk in ski boots) lifts. I was on the slopes by 10am.

I was staying in the Petit Chalet, which is the budget option. The room was perfectly adequate - nice and warm and comfy bed. The shared bathroom was kept clean, the water was hot and there were two shared WCs. I didn't have to wait for the bathroom once.

Dinner was better than I expected - 3 course meal, not restaurant standard but certainly hearty home cooked food in generous portions. The wine flowed freely and good chance to meet other guests.

I was travelling by myself and this trip was the perfect opportunity to meet other skiiers to ski with and go out with. The Chalet is right in the centre of Morzine, just a couple of minutes walk from the bar and shops.

I was so pleased with the trip I am going again over Easter. I would highly recommend this trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Traveller1987
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We had an excellent weekend at Chalet Les Gourmets in February - a fantastic location which is as close to the slopes as you can get! I agree with comments that the chalet was a bit dated and could do with a bit of TLC, but in fact I think it does add to the charm of it. The rooms were great (we had a quad room in the main building which could comfortably sleep 5), which was lovely and warm and had very comfy beds. The bath was just big enough to wash away the aches and pains of the day's skiing! The staff were great, very easy going and the food was proper hearty food - just what we needed after a day out in -16 degrees!!! The fact that you all eat together made for some very interesting conversations over casserole and wine (which I have to say was very generous!). The roaring log fire in the lounge was very welcome too. Yes, it was a bit "squashed" at changeover time but you just have to go with it.
All in all a fantastic weekend which my husband and 2 children thoroughly enjoyed and for the price we will definately look into booking again next year!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

First and foremost, I'd impolre you to ignore the poor review this place recieved in early January 2012. It's factually innaccurate not to mention aggressive & obnoxious.

OK. I’m going to get straight to the point, just in-case you only read my first paragraph: Our holiday in Chalet Gourmet, Morzine, was dazzlingly brilliant and I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to recommend it to friends, family, colleagues, in fact, to anyone at all, it really was that good.

Dave, Els and the rest of the team were ultra-friendly, impeccably professional and most importantly, warm and caring. We all genuinely felt they went out of their way to make us feel welcome and treated us like guests in their own house.

Then there’s the food, which tasted twice as good as any food I’ve tasted on holiday for which I’ve paid 3 times as much, and equally the portion sizes were significantly larger than on other catered holidays I’ve experienced. I could only suggest that anyone who finds the portions in-sufficient cut down on their pork life and gets some exercise. Any dietary requirements were catered for no problem-o even if you spring a surprise allergy on the staff 5 minutes before service. Amaze.

I’m sat here trying to think of something constructive to say to balance out my review but I’m finding it hard. The chalet is quite dated, but I felt that added to atmosphere and there’s ample comfortable seating and plenty of space to relax in the evening before dinner is served. The location is about as central as you can get, unless you want to sleep in a shop window or in the SM bubble.

I was concerned that the shared toilet facilities would equate to the sort found in the local Sunday league team’s shower room and possible a bit too far to dash in one’s knick-knocks, but I was mistaken; I didn’t have to wait to use the toilet or shower once all week, in fact I didn’t even bump into another guest in the toilets all week. Granted the shower cubicles themselves are a bit of a squeeze, but our room was two strides away so getting dressed comfortably afterwards wasn’t a problem in any way at all.

I’d read somewhere that the radiators rumble a bit in the night... not as far as I’m aware, that’s all I can say.

The big fear I had was the 17 hour coach journey: I slept all the way there (after a glass or two of wine, provided at cost price by our cheerful coach drivers) and all the way back. Amaze. Change-over day did get a bit cramped when the new guests arrived, before we could board the coach. The best way to avoid this time of the evening on your first night is to head out for some après-ski *sigh.

In summary, the staff are first-rate and the food is astonishingly good, regardless of what the holiday costs. The shared facilities are a little cramped but then again, our friends had a double with en-suite on the floor above us and their room looked spot-on and the location just can’t be beaten. Here’s to ski-weekends, hope they can keep up the good work ‘til next year, the best recommendation we can give as a group is that we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Dan-Les-Rhythm
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed in Chalet Les Gourmets at the end of January and had a fantastic weeks holiday! The chalet was a little dated (decor wise) but that is the only negative comment :) We stayed in a double room in the petit chalet with a shared bathroom. Our room was spacious, warm and clean (all you need when your only sleeping in a room) There was always plenty of hot water and we never had to wait for a shower. The communal lounge was big and had mega comfy sofas and a pool table!
The food was brilliant we didnt expect much as it was a cheap week but there was always tonnes of food and all three courses were very tasty! especially the chicken! Plus there was always plenty of wine.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and made you feel right at home, if you had any queries they were dealt with quickly and professionally. We even went out riding with the staff who showed us some awesome runs we wouldnt have found ourselves :)

All in all it was a fantastic holiday and i would recommend this chalet to anyone, we just only wish we could go back this season!!

Room Tip: Room A2 in the petit chalet
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank finsterCornwall
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had a great week in this chalet. The staff were always helpful, ask and they would do their best to fulfil your wish.

The food was more than adequate, breakfasts were excellent - warm croissants/pain au choc, yoghurts, cereals, fruit, jams etc, tea and coffee plus juice always available, afternoon tea and cake arrived on time for those of us who made it back, and the 3 course dinner with wine was of good quality and quantity.

The rooms are basic, but what would you expect? There was plenty of hot water available for showers etc and we weren't woken up once during the night.

Anyone who doesn't fancy the drive to the airport, the lugging around of luggage and all the waiting around for other flights to arrive this is the perfect option.

We loved it and will be booking again next year, the Morzine ski area is fantastic, with plenty of shops and bars for those so inclined.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple