“Great food and great hospitality!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chalet Fourmiliere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
Chalet Fourmiliere
Ranked #12 of 48 Morzine B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food and great hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Having been to Morzine 9 times I have a lot of different accommodation experiences! The luxury and attention to detail is immediately apparent as soon as you walk through the door of Chalet Fourmiliere - it is second to none! This combined with the great hospitality of Nick and Beth and their staff makes just being there a wonderful experience. The food is also of the highest quality and Tom and Tamsin are welcoming and helpful throughout. Overall a fantastic chalet thanks to the whole team for making it such a relaxing stay. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having normally done skiing on a shoestring I was a bit nervous and paying for the whole catered luxury experience but I have no complaints at all with Chalet Fourmiliere. It was recommended by a friend so I knew what to expect but the sheer grandeur of the place knocked me out. The decor and standard of the fittings is amazing (designed by the owners Nick and Beth!); and all of the rooms have a delightfully cosy feel but at the same time just shout quality and the comfort levels are amazing. Add into the mix 2 chalet staff to look after you and a wonderful chef (fantastic scallops!) and this is a place well worth a try; I'll certainly go back!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Chalet Fourmiliere is hands down the most beautiful, homely, relaxing chalet we have ever stayed in. No other hotel/chalet compares.

With all staff going out of their way to make our holiday incredible, this chalet is a perfect place family and/or friends, with attention to detail placed upon every aspect of the whole holiday.

We were dropped off and picked up at the slopes everyday making transitions stress free. Staff also provided us with great recommendations for restaurants and skiing. These local insights really made a difference to our experience as Morzine is such an incredible place to ski.

The food and wine is that of top restaurant standard with staff happily altering menu's if need be. For us Xmas dinner was out of this world - if we could come every year we would!

From an entertainment point of view, the beauty therapy room, hot tub, pool table, huge lounge/fire place, games/music, sky and wifi availability just added to the experience.

The whole experience within the chalet is nothing but premium. Nothing was ever to much to ask.

Our trip was perfect in every way due to Chalet Fourmiliere and staff.

A huge thank you to Nick, Tom, Tamsin & Dave.

From The Stapleton's.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NickBethHayward, Owner at Chalet Fourmiliere, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review, the team at Chalet Fourmiliere had a great week and hugely enjoyed sharing Christmas with you all. It would be wonderful to see you all again very soon. Regards, Nick.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

3rd visit to this gorgeous chalet and it just gets better and better. Once again Nick and Beth have found a great chef and staff to match the high standards of this fantastic chalet. Beth and Nick have obviously worked hard over the summer to improve the chalet even further. You won't find another chalet like it in Morzine and the service up to the lifts as always, was above and beyond. Hope to see you next year!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Returned to Chalet Fourmiliere which has always been fantastic, but now it has reached a whole new level in luxury ski experience. Its rare to see such character and style blended with such luxury. If Beth is not an interior designer then she should be! The food was perfect and exceeded many fine restaurants. Both Nick, Beth and their staff went out of there way to give us a wonderful experience and we will definately be going back to see them again. A special thanks to them for our Birthday Dinner - Wonderful!

Room Tip: They are all fantastic!
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This chalet is beautiful, very expensive but beautiful and I imagine when Nick and Beth were in charge full time things ran smoothly. We however stayed just after their baby was born and we must have had their week that had problems but that happens and in no way did it detract from our stay.
It was however a enjoyable stay, Howard the chef is awesome, it would be worth following him in any chalet that he choose to cook in as he can make beautiful meals on a budget.
Be prepared to take a jumper as the chalet is cold, you have to go outside to put your boots on as the boot room is not in the chalet, you have to make your own tea when you get back in the afternoon but the cakes are splendid.

Room Tip: room 6 is massive
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NickBethHayward, Owner at Chalet Fourmiliere, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review Denyse and apologies for taking us this long to reply. We trust you and your family are all doing really well and hope you have had some wonderful ski holidays and chalet experiences since we last emailed each other. Oscar is now taking up all of my time and has just started walking.

To our perspective guests reading this: Denyse and her wonderful family and lovely friends stayed with us in our third season and she and I had had an amazing 130+ emails backwards and forwards leading up to her stay. Nick and I had run the chalet together in the previous two seasons however the arrival of our son Oscar in December meant we had to hire two hosts to assist Nick in the day to day running of the chalet and we also hired a professional chef. It is never easy handing elements of your business over to staff as they can struggle to run things as you would yourself, however, we feel our girls last year did a marvellous job and bonded well with so many of our guests, so much so we get regular updates from guests through facebook who have had them to stay or went to concerts with them! Our couple this year have surpassed all expectations and are truly wonderful again being offered holidays to Barbados and weekends in London visiting some of our guests from this season.

There is however no excuse for a 3 out of 5 on cleanliness and I agreed with Denyse during her stay that I had seen that standards had slipped during her week. Despite nursing a 2 month old baby I was visiting the chalet regularly to ensure things were going smoothly. By way of explanation, we had just had a very difficult party of 10 young men stay with us the week before and I knew the girls were feeling a little traumatised and deflated after dealing with such a challenging group. This is no excuse however for standards of cleanliness and tidiness having slipped and I was also very disappointed to hear that assistance had not been offered with afternoon tea, this was immediately rectified after Denyse fed this back and our hosts this year set a place setting for each person and organise all the refreshments for our guests during each afternoon tea.

I can empathise with Denyse on feeling cold, I hate to be cold myself, however, I would like to point out to our prospective guests that our chalet is generally not cold. The double height, stone floored Dining Room can appear colder to guests when they leave the roaring fire in the lounge. Denyse's review however has prompted us to put heavy thermal lined curtains on the 7 windows in the Dining Room and we are currently discussing with guests this season whether or not we should also install a log burner for next season as we feel this would be a nice touch. The bedrooms each have their own thermostat and typically guests turn it to zero as the underfloor heating throughout the chalet is so effective.

Cost is a personal thing and we have since increased our prices to bring ourselves into line with our main competitors in the area however we are confident that we are the only chalet in Morzine that offers unlimited drop offs and pick ups, our half term guests this year have already booked to come back this year as they appreciated the service we offer so much, but then we do also bring our guests shoes to the slopes so they can change and do apres drinks in comfortable shoes.

Thank you again for your review Denyse and we are very sorry that you experienced some negatives during your otherwise positive experience with us. As I said during your one of our chats in front of the fire, my one regret was that you hadn't stayed with us the year before when I was working at the chalet 24/7 and we could have spent more time getting to know one another.

Best regards Beth Hayward
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thank you to Beth & Nick and their gorgeous new son Oscar, for a truly wonderful, luxurious and welcoming week (yet again). I first found Chalet Fourmiliere in 2011 through a glowing recommendation from a colleague who stayed during their opening season, she was positively raving about the chalet. As a keen skier who would take to the French slopes every season, I've stayed in a wide variety of chalets, price ranges and styles, though typically leaning towards the traditional Savoyard style. I knew this time however that I was in for a treat but the first time I entered the floor to height mezzanine dining room, juxtaposed with Graham & Green furniture and beautifully antiquated items of furniture was beyond my already inflated expectations. Beth is a gifted interior designer, it’s the touches like luxurious bathrooms with fluffy towels, and top end toiletries to quality bedding). Welcomed with a chilled glass of wine and taking in my inviting room (Room 6), the weekend was filled with gourmet dinners cooked by Nick (Master-Chef knock knock) and beautifully sourced wines – what is not to like! This season, I was reuniting with a good friend and her husband and four year old son. As I had kept in touch with Beth & Nick I knew of all the exciting new developments in 2013 (expanded library with lots of glossy mags, paneled games room and new furniture), not least the birth of their new son Oscar. They also brought in talented new staff, two very personable female hosts, Georgie and Kaitlin who I really enjoyed getting to know and who catered for our every needs (aperitifs, scrummy cakes, pre-dinner snacks, endless lifts to and fro the lifts). I was excited to taste their new chef Howard’s new creations and he definitely did not disappoint, a very talented young chef he is (his deconstructed Indian was exceptional). Coupled with the girls warmth our week was just as lovely and spending time with Beth & Nick relaxing in front of the reportedly oldest and largest fire place in Morzine, with a glass in hand simply made for a specially relaxing, fun and memorable holiday (again).

Room Tip: I've stayed in 2011 in superior Room 6 really big, lovely soothing taupe colors with wooden beam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends