“Fantastic food, service and setting”
Review of Le Clin D'Oeil

Le Clin D'Oeil
Ranked #1 of 166 Restaurants in Morzine
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I made this reservation several months before when i planned the holiday. I wanted to make sure that the party of 26, (13 adults and 13 children) could be comfortably accommodated. From the beginning of the process the restaurant couldn't have been more polite or accommodating. They gave me regular communication which put my mind at rest as it's a real responsibility to make sure everyone eats what they want on the chalet staff's night off. My only slight criticism is there is only a fillet steak on the menu. My children love steak but fillet is wasted on them as they don't realise that nice things come in small packages, all they see is 3 bites and it's gone. Some sirloin or entrecôte would go down nicely. I had my favourite dish of all time, Steak Rossini and it was fabulous, others had the fondue and Tartiflette so everyone happy. Definitely can recommend and would return. For big parties ask for the private room, which is just off the main restaurant.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We made a return visit this year, and were not disappointed. This time we had teenage girls, a vegetarian, and a baby amongst our party, and everyone enjoyed their meal. The birthday "boy" enjoyed his be-sparkled dessert and the baby was supplied with toys to keep him occupied.

It's good value, friendly efficient service, and great food!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went here early on a Wednesday night and were the only ones there for the first hour. Obviously the service was excellent, the waitress was engaging and honest, suggesting a half portion of the cassoulet to the whole as it was so filling and it didn't disappoint. I had the fillet steak which was perfect and came with a huge portion of rustic chips. All the food was reasonably priced and we had a lovely evening, a definite must-try!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Excellent choice of meals available. Excellent service. I will definitely go there again if/when I return to Morzine.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Upper end of the scale of restaurants so great if you are looking for something special. Staff very friendly.