“A winning formula!”

and 1 more site!
Chilly Powder
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have just returned from our second summer holiday at Chilly and it was even better than last year, if that is possible. Francesca and Paul are great hosts.
A typical day starts with an enormous breakfast, informal and with loads of choice for the whole family. The activities in Morzine are almost inexhaustible and there is something for every member of the family to enjoy whether that is high octane adventure sports, swimming in Morzine's excellent pool or just exploring the mountains using the network of chair lifts and cable cars. You can even book a massage for when you get back! Thanks again to Nick for helping us arrange all of our activities and being generally brilliant!
Packed lunch is available if you are on the hoof and there are plenty of good restaurants too. Many guests make it back to the chalet for tea and cake. It's great for the kids as there are usually children of all ages staying and within hours they are off playing badminton or hogging the hot tub!
Evenings are punctuated by drinks in the bar sampling Ritchie's legendary surprise cocktails followed by a delicious four course dinner with excellent wine included. Ritchie rocks!
We really love chatting with the other guests over dinner - you need to enjoy company to get the most out of this holiday.
As with last year, all of the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. They really do take all the hassle out of everything, nothing is too much trouble and we always feel completely at home. We must also give Eddy a special mention for entertaining us with stories and street dancing! Good luck for the future Eddy!
To sum up, if you are a sociable,active family that enjoys good food and wine then this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Sally L

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I haven't written a review on Trip advisor before but feel the need to do so for Chilly Powder.

We have just returned from our second summer stay and will be returning again next year having had another brilliant holiday. Our children (9 and 7) have already told us how desperate they are to visit again next year!

This really is a great place to visit for the perfect active family holiday in the Alps. Morzine/Avoriaz has so much to do - swimming, running, cycling, climbing, tennis, luge and plenty more. Chilly Powder is in the perfect location at the bottom of the Prodains lift (to Avoriaz) and just up the road from the centre of Morzine (within easy reach but nice to be outside the centre). Francesca and Paul have built up a fantastic place and deserve their place as the number one family chalet in Morzine. I have been to Morzine 5 times over the last few years and stayed in various different chalets and hotels (with and without children in tow). Chilly Powder is simply the best for a holiday with children!

The main chalet, Hotel Au Coin du Feu, has great facilities (hot tub, garden games, children's playroom, great communal areas and lovely rooms) and a great team working there. Francesca makes a great effort to host and the team behind her make the same effort to make your stay as relaxing and personal as possible. Special mention goes to Nick (manager) and Richie (barman) who go out of their way to help with anything - trip advice, cycling and walking routes, anything you can think of they will have an answer for. Both were at Chilly Powder last year and it was great to see them again. The other staff were also brill, just not so front of house so probably don't get the credit they deserve - Eddie was a great addition to the team this year.

The rooms are of varying sizes, are all different and are clearly laid out on the floor plans on the website. We have stayed in two different rooms - Music room this time which was great for us and pretty spacious. Nick or Francesca will help advise which is the best room if asked.

Our children are so sad when we leave and so excited when we re-book. There are always friends to be made and so much to do. Children's supper at 6pm works well and adult supper at 8pm was delicious every night. No complaints at all with the food and wine, only praise.

We haven't stayed in the winter for a skiing holiday but can't believe it would be anything other than a wonderful place to stay in the winter as well… Maybe another year.

I can't wait for our next visit. Well done to the Chilly Powder team and keep me posted on the run competition up to Avoriaz…. I'm still recovering from my attempt...

Photo attached taken from the cable car looking down onto the chalet.

1  Thank G J
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I know, yet another review of Chilly Powder - but we go back for two reasons: the things that remain the same (service, hospitality, food, location) and the things that are new every year. The weather this year was not great on most days, but that stopped the family in being lazy and doing the "same old, same old".

Great room (Irish - no head banging), great staff and service and this year the food was so good, with the best breakfasts we've yet enjoyed at Chilly Powder.

We went slightly earlier in the school hols this year, so slightly quieter, but still plenty of children around for late evening football, table tennis and general fun times. And another great mix of families to mingle with at dinner. Richie and Paul have pulled off another stunning selection of wines, and Nick has the chalet running like clockwork - a great, friendly bunch.

Dinners and lunches out were fab, swimming great, climbing, rafting, walking. And some great sunshine saved for the end of the week.

This is a resort, and a chalet, that you really should give a go!

2  Thank PaulNotts67
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Following a recent stay in Chilly Powder I feel I need to share with Tripadvisor my experience.... in one word...Outstanding!

I would never have seen myself visit such a location as the Morzine however I did so for a family wedding. What a location! Breath-taking! Whilst staying in Chilly Powder you really do get to soak up the scenery....beautiful mountains surrounding the Chalet, best experienced from the hot tub! The view from my room (Winter Room) was pretty amazing too!

Chilly Powder's accommodation is very quirky - each room differently themed. My room was spacious, immaculate and extremely comfortable! Throughout my stay in the chalet I found myself extremely relaxed..... spending time in the living area sipping on a cups of tea (help yourself all day!), dining with other guests and also enjoying fab Sauvignon Blanc in the bar during the evenings! It is here that I must mention Ritchie, what a gem! Providing our drinks whilst we were chilling in the hot tub, recommending wines and ensuring our glasses were always full!

During my week stay, I dined in Chilly Powder for 6 nights. Amazing food and service. Top marks to the Chefs! Individual requests/requirements were always dealt with. Vegetarian, vegan or just awkward (mostly me), Nick, Ritchie, Eddie, Sophie and the Chefs went out of their way to ensure we were all catered for. I was astonished to hear that specific red wine was served within the hotel for a guest who had a sulphite allergy!

There is plenty to do within the Morzine (skiing aside) and Chilly Powder's Hotel Manager, Nick, is always on hand to give advice on local activities and hot spots... You can also avail of beauty treatments whilst staying in Chilly. Many guests had pre-wedding treatments, all of whom had high recommendations for the in-house beautician Sophie.

In summary I must highly recommend a stay in Chilly Powder....fab accommodation, surroundings, food, wine and an exceptional team! I can't wait to plan my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katrina580
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went and stayed in July and had a few superb days of weather. The hotel/chalet is small yet comfortable. the food good and the owners and staff excellent. don't go expecting to be immersed into a French way of life, you won't be. English people go to Au Coin de Feu and mostly take their children with them, ranging from several months, up to teenagers. So if you are going without children, be prepared to put up with a breakfast time feeding frenzy as it becomes a bit of a scrum. Evening time is more civilised as the children are packed off to the various supervised activities and the adults enjoy a 4 course meal together with seemingly unlimited glasses of decent wine. The staff have a fantastic customer service ethos and this is where it scores highly. Paul is happy to take any golfers out for an entertaining round of golf on some challenging courses and there are many beautiful sights to visit and activities to experience if the desire is there. So well done to Paul and Francesca for identifying this small section of the holiday market that wants exactly what Chilly Powder provides.

2  Thank CleoburyRob
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The third summer we have visited Chilly Powder and we were greeted like old and valued friends. Initially the weather was pretty awful, but this didn't dampen the welcome and hospitality we received, making it even better when the sun remembered how to shine. There were several improvements from last year, the newly slabbed terrace area really adding to the outside comfort. This is bound to be a great asset in days to come. The staff were a mixture of old and familiar faces, all of them friendly and welcoming, and a most eclectic blend of guests (all ages, shapes and sizes) seemed to gel so well we could all have been friends for years. Can't wait to go back again next summer. We don't 'do' cold but it almost makes us want to learn to ski!!

Room Tip: Each room is so individual it is impossible to choose one for others, except to say all rooms are we...