All reviews hot tub fantastic week beer fridge morzine town thanks guys boot warmers hosts slopes chalet skiing alex fab geneva team
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We were a group of 4 in the chalet with a total of 12 people staying (all rooms set up as doubles/ twins). The chalet was really nice and in the traditional style. It was big enough to accommodate all of us and, I’m sure would be fine even at full capacity. The rooms were spacious and had enough storage for all your clothes etc (even bedside tables, small desk with chair). Our room was a triple set up as a double, but I think it would have been fine as a triple too. The bathroom was nice, the shower was really good (over the bath).

Food was great. Good hearty meals (e.g. beef Bourguignon, Tartiflette) and huge portions; exactly what you need after a hard day on the slopes. Wine was red and rose and was free flowing. Breakfast is cereal (coco pops, muesli, corn flakes), bread and jam etc, yoghurts, tea/ coffee/ juice plus a cooked item (e.g. scrambled egg on toast, fry-up). Afternoon tea is home-made cake, bread and jam, tea/ coffee. There’s an honesty bar which includes beer (1 euro) and snacks.

Jill and Jono were great hosts. They make you feel like friends staying, rather than customers. Couldn’t have asked for anything more. A good measure is that, some of the other guests had stayed there in the summer and were thinking of coming again towards the end of the season. We’d definitely, all stay here again. In terms of value for money, I think it was extremely good. Highly recommended.

Chalet is 10-15 walk into the centre of town (don't think you'll find a catered chalet of this standard any closer). Jono will happily take you to a lift of your choice in the morning. We got the free bus back from Nyon cablecar in the afternoons; these run regularly and then it’s a 5min walk from bus stop to chalet (you’re only on the bus for about 3mins so, it is walkable). I believe Jono will also pick you up from 6pm if required (please check this).

Something not mentioned on the website is that Jono can waxe and service your skis/ board on site. Good value too (something like 15 Euro).

Morzine is a good resort, easily big enough for a week (some guests had been last season - staying elsewhere - and would be happy to come again). If you’re inexperienced, you can probably get away with just sticking to Morzine and Les Gets, for the more adventurous/ skilled then the rest of Portes du Soleil (slightly more expensive lift pass) should easily keep you amused. For boarders, there weren’t too many button lifts (easily avoidable anyway) and not many flat bits. Mountain restaurants were good and not too expensive.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I travelled in a group of 11 in Jan for a ski/board holiday - and we'd book it all over again at Chalet Eterle. Jill and Jono were great hosts. No bothers with the transfer, the food was really good - three courses everY night and if you're nice Jill might let you have vin chaud.... and jono might pick you up from dixies;) The resort is fab - you've access to loads of slopes, and it's brilliant coming back to cakes and a hot tub.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 26, 2010

we spent a week with jill and jono, they were so friendly and great cook!! and made our daughter and son inlaw and finley aged 3 holiday as nothing was to much trouble finley help with the ski cakes!!, location great would recomend the resturant jill recommended to us, rooms were spotless , and hot tub superb after a day of skiiing
jill was so kind to help us with our lost skis at the airport, which we eventually got back this is a great chalet for all ages our was our family and another in theior 20s.
we felt like home from home nothing to much trouble and plenty of tips for ski and me as a non skier walks etc woul recommend this to all ages, also price very reasonable thank you for a great time kim weston super mare

Reviewed January 26, 2010

My son and I went as part of a group who booked the chalet. It was lovely.
Jill and Johno could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable.
The food was very good and plentigful. My son loved the beef bourguignon.
The cleanliness and quality of accomodation was spot on.
We would definately recomend this to anyone thinkng of a holiday in the port du soleil.

Reviewed December 4, 2009

I have written this email after booking my snowboard holiday for 2010. Last year was brilliant Jill and Jono rock I use to go to a different resort every year but until these guys expand their empire it is Morzine for me again and I'm so excited.
They don't market their company as luxury but they should the chalet is beautiful just what I expect of an alpine chalet with lots of little extras the latest wii games wifi, the hot tub outside. Jill's cooking was fantastic of restaurant standard and she is conscious of making sure we get enough to keep us going all day.
I loved it and you will too!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family