“"A perfect 10"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morzine
R&S - Chalet Guytaune
Ranked #4 of 146 Specialty Lodging in Morzine
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Having returned to Chalet Guytaune last Sunday for a short 4 day trip with 2 out of the 5 in the group as "newbies" surely there was no way Ride & Slide could surpass themselves from our previous stay in 2012. Well they sure did. From start to finish it was "a perfect 10". From the initial trip set up this year with Katy in the R&S office, who helped at every stage arranging the airport transfers, organising ski passes (ready on arrival) and ski/board hire direct to the chalet (no hire shop queuing / time wasting required), she certainly smoothed the admin/booking side of the trip. Then there was Ash and Chris who frankly were unbeatable. From the first night late arrival gourmet buffet and unlimited wine, with a few sore heads in the morning, the hospitality and cooking was 5* top draw! Ash, Chris and assisted by Trinny could not have been better from fab hot/cold breakfasts, great afternoon tea / cake, with some weird dietary requirements thrown in, they fully catered for our every need and culinary delight every evening. Even thinking outside of the box for their guests (popcorn just appearing on movie night!) they made the trip extra special for us all. The chalet is traditional and warm, most rooms with en-suites and balconies, wifi, flat screen TV, honesty bar fully stocked, the sauna and hot tub just tops off the list of great things about R&S and Chalet Guytaune. Also thank you to Rick for shuttling us to / from the lifts every day. The chalet is approx 10min walk from centre of Morzine last 200m up a steep hill. A relaxed atmosphere, great food and unlimited wine at dinner, where nothing was too much trouble for Ash and Chris, is where they excelled and make this chalet and the holiday special. Even on their day off (and thank you Jon too) they went out of their way to ensure that one of the group who got airlifted back to Morzine from Switzerland side was OK, prescriptions sorted and brought back safe and sound to the chalet. In summary, as one of the group said "the best trip ever" and on that note and praise both I and the rest of the group I am sure have absolutely no hesitation in recommending R&S and Chalet Guytaune. Jonathan and Lisa truly deserve their recent UK independent ski operator award - this company and Chalet Guytaune is a must! Have a great rest of season and am sure we will see you again. Richard

Room Tip: The quad room has sloping low ceilings and a separate bathroom but for their sole use as all other r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for R&S - Chalet Guytaune

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went to this chalet with all our family....16 in total. 13 adults and 3 children.
Well what can I say other than we would go back tomorrow if we could.
Katie was very helpful prior to us arriving and had everything we needed in the chalet for our arrival as she had took the time to email and see what we needed for the children.
We had such a fabulous time and were well and truly looked after by Chris, Ash and Trinny.
Nothing was ever too much for them to do, always helped us out and they were fabulous with the children. (Katy done plenty of cooking with Chris & Ash, she just loved it)
My daughter still tells me she wants to go back as she misses them. This was her first time skiing and by the end of the week she was skiing on her own with her dad and uncles.
The food was top class, there was never much left on anyone's plates.
The chalet was outstanding, we had a brilliant family holiday with plenty of fun and laughter.
Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed: January 2014
rideslide, Front Office Manager at R&S - Chalet Guytaune, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and we really appreciate the time you've taken to write something about us!
We strive to achieve the best we can and aim to give our customers the holiday they deserve. All this is only possible with the help of our staff who do an amazing job, so thanks guys... top team.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us this year and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Second time staying at Guytaune and third time staying at ride and slide. As usual the service was excellent - Kris, Ashley and Trini were brilliant and great to see Katy, Jon and Lisa again! More like visiting friends than a holiday but with excellent food! Hopefully be seeing you guys again soon, best chalet company I've stayed with and there's been quite a few!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I really was blown away by how Superb this chalet was. I have been going on snowboard holiday for a about 15 years and this is with out doubt the best chalet I have ever stayed in. Just whished I could have stayed longer.

The host Chris Ash and Trinny were absolutely charming and so helpful, they really did go the extra mile. The food was fantastic absolutely loved my stay and cant wait to go back

The location suited me as I go for the snowboarding not the partying however if your just there for the apre you might want to be a bit near the centre although the host are happy to do pick ups a drop off however the chalet is so nice and the service so good once your there you wont want to leave.

Room Tip: we stayed in the family room which was massive
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at Chalet guytaune for a four day break, I organised the trip at short notice. From first contact with Katie in the office I knew I had made the right choice. Katie organised transport to the chalet, ski passes, ski rental and ski school, what more can you ask?
The chalet is comfortable and well appointed very clean and well kept. But where Chris, Ashley and Trinny shone most of all was in the kitchen, they produced top quality food beautifully presented, nothing was too much trouble, when it came down to dietary requirements.The wine was good quality and flowed . All in all a first class job well done! We will be back. The team are a credit and asset to slide and ride!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Absolutely brilliant holiday. Chris, Ash, Katy and Trinny were so welcoming, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to help in all areas of my stay with lots of nice little touches that make your stay that much better.
The rooms were quiet, comfortable and very clean, the food was top class, I cannot say enough good things about my stay at Chalet Guytaune and I cannot wait to come back.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

A week filled with laughter, good food and good company in this warming Chalet. The staff (Chris, Ash and Trinny) were lots of fun and very accommodating (especially with me, as a teen. For example; they made me nonalcoholic mojitos and other thoughtful gestures along the same lines.) The after noon tea was very delicious and the food was outstanding. The lounge was very comfortable to relax after a long day skiing - with wifi! There was a very pleasurable outside jacuzzi which was made full use out off and a convenient lift to the slopes each morning - even on the staff day off! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this chalet!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family