I’m trying to think, let’s see…what is something negative about the Auberge de Cassagne? After all, a review is more believable if you don’t say everything was perfect.
No alarm clock in the room maybe? But since hotel alarm clocks are as rare as pay phones these days I’m not really sure that qualifies. €25 per person for the breakfast buffet perhaps? Pricey, yes, but more common than not in most hotels lately so I can’t say that’s unusual (the reason why we seldom eat breakfast in our hotels).
Oh well, alarm clocks and breakfast aside, as far as I’m concerned the Auberge de Cassagne is just about as close to perfection as a hotel gets – comfortable, attractively decorated rooms, beautiful surroundings, fantastic food, a spa area and friendly staff. And did I mention the free parking? How rare in Europe is that!
Our room, tucked away in the luxuriant courtyard garden, felt more like a private bungalow than a hotel room. The spa’s hammam, sauna, indoor pool and hot tub are free to guests and after a long drive were very welcome indeed.
For dinner the night of our stay, we took the “Decouverte de Cassagne” menu. Expensive but worth every penny. The cheese selection was outstanding. This was French dining at its very best — incredible food, impeccable service — as with the rest of the hotel, we were not deceived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five minutes from Avignon city center and the motorway A7 (exit n°23), a charming provencal home set in magnificent and peaceful garden. Internationally renowned gastronomic restaurant (chef Philippe Boucher, ex. Bocuse, Georges Blanc). Provencal restaurant and terrace overlooking on the garden. Extremely comfortable, recently renovated apartments and rooms with free wifi, coffee and tea maker, I phone station . Spa, Outdoor-swimming-pool, Indoor-swimming-pool, Sauna, Work-out room, Steam bath, Hormeta Treatments and Massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, Hotwire, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Auberge de Cassagne & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De Cassagne Hotel Le Pontet
- Auberge De Cassagne And Spa
- Auberge De Cassagne Le Pontet