All reviews budget hotel little gem balcony location hosts beach harbour sea
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Spent a long weekend here, just me and my dog. Excellent location right opposite the beach. The room was small and simply furnished, but modern and spotlessly clean. Excellent WiFi coverage. David, the proprietor, was friendly and helpful and suggested the dog could play in the small secure garden whilst I ate breakfast. Would most definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for our Anniversary celebration. Lovely room overlooking the sea with a fab balcony. I think sea view room was a few euros more but so worth it !! Room was basic but has everything we could need. Host is very helpful and text before we arrived with all the details we may require. Room was spotless and cleaned with fresh towels every day. Would def visit again in the summer.
Great location and walking distance to great shops and restaurants.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Right on Seafront. Rooms basic but clean and well presented. Bathrooms small but everything worked well. Very good breakfast. Host charming and very attentive. Good english spoken. Right in town centre

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Ground floor garden view room was small (ensuite more so!) but with plenty of good (quirky?) detail. Excellent hosts and breakfast. Good location and plenty of advice (which proved to be useful) on restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I almost never provide reviews, but this place deserves one. This is a very cute, quaint little hotel right across from the beach. The location is unbeatable for access to everything. I booked this entire hotel (all nine rooms) for more than a week for our frisbee team from Guam to compete in the World Championships of Beach Ultimate in Royan in June 2017.
Personally, I generally like to stay in very upscale hotels; however, with an entire team to house, we went for this very well-priced and well-located option. I could not have been happier with this choice. The owners, Yannick and Evelyn, were amazing. I have never had hotel service that compares to the personal attention they provided. In fact, the fancy pants hotels that I normally frequent have never provided the level of service that Yannick and Evelyn provided for us on this trip. These owners thought about every detail of our stay. They addressed needs that we didn't even know we had; their thoughtfulness and personal attention to detail was absolutely exceptional!
Their amazing hospitality started from the moment we approached the hotel. They had printed out banners for our team and placed them on the hotel. They had somehow, somewhere, found a Guam car sticker and placed in on their car. They stocked their refrigerator with things they knew we liked. Evelyn even baked us a delicious home-made cake, and gave it to us to eat one evening "to help us win." Amazing! (We did win our next game, so thank you Evelyn!)
The owners were so sweet and so tolerant of all of our constant sandiness and sweat. They had a hose outside in their lovely courtyard where we could wash off the grime from the games, and I know they still spent hours cleaning the sand out of our showers and rooms. They even memorized our game schedule for the entire week so that they could clean while we were out, and cheer us on. I have never had a concierge or other hotelier provide this level of service or care. Never.
The rooms themselves were cute, clean, and relatively spacious. The water pressure and temperature were positively astounding. I showered after games when I knew every other shower in the hotel was engaged at the same time, and my shower was still hot and powerful. This was truly delightful. If I could give Evelyn and Yannick ten stars, I would do so. Our stay here was wonderful. You should absolutely stay here if you visit Royan and are planning any beach activities.

Room tip: Stay in the oceanside rooms if you must have a balcony with a sea view. Stay in the garden view rooms if you would like a quieter sleep.
Date of stay: June 2017