Hotel de l'Europe
$94
$100
Hotel balladins Dieppe(Saint-Aubin-sur-Scie)(Great Value!)
$75
$133
$122
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hotel Citotel Touvotel(Dieppe)(Great Value!)
$81
TripAdvisor
B&B Hotel Dieppe(Saint-Aubin-sur-Scie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewhelpful receptionistfrench hotelon arrivalfamily roomvery nice hotelspacious roomsea frontgood sizeferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Spacious hotel with large rooms overlooking the sea. Family room was 2 double beds. Very clean and easy check in/out.

Fun fair was in town when we stayed (mid August) which made parking very difficult and what would have been a beautiful view was marred by the funfair. Be aware of this if staying in high season. Fair also very noisy and ran until 01:30hrs on a Saturday when we stayed. Good soundproofing when the windows were closed but no aircon.

Breakfast only adequate and a bit institutional.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night at the end of June 2013, when the hotel I was staying had a problem with the hotel water. I asked to be moved and they put me in the Hotel de l'Europe.

The room was very big, with two double beds and a nice bathroom. It was spotlessly clean. I was fortunate in that the room faced the sea, so I had good views of the beach and harbour. The staff were very helpful and welcoming, the breakfast was good and the room comfortable.

I can't ask much more of a hotel, hence the five stars. I cannot comment on value for money as because of the unusual circumstance of my stay, I did not pay the going rate - and I have no idea what it is.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The main feature of L'Europe is the size of the rooms which are large. My room had two queen size beds, a good size bathroom and a separate wc. My room overlooked the front of the hotel with a nice view of the channel and the nearby ferry terminal. I slept very well with the window open and did not have any disturbance from noise outside the hotel.

Breakfast is good with a fair choice of breads and pastries. There are also cold meats and boiled eggs. Certainly enough to set you up for the day. All of the reception staff were friendly and very helpful with directions and advice.

The hotel is located towards one end of the seafront and this helped with finding parking spaces for our group (six cars) as most day trippers like to park more towards the centre.

I would happily stay at L'Europe again and am very happy to recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Timelord1212
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked room in a rush and was pleasantly surprised.
room size very good,comfort bed okay,clean.
receptionist was very helpfull for indicating excellent restaurant on the harbor side.
Breakfast was more then enough.
We (3 people) had a very good stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at the L'Europe in late August, choosing it for its location on the sea.

I will begin with the positives.

The room was a fair size, and it was clean.

Aside from a tear in the seam of the sofa cover the room was in good condition.

The mattress was comfortable.

There was a large desk.

The bathroom had a towel heater.

The view of the sea was wonderful.

It was walking distance to the Canadian memorial.

Now the negatives.

First, the hotel does not have air conditioning, which means that you must keep the window open to cool your room down. This would be fine if there was not a park and a road between the hotel and the sea.

On our first night, we were subjected to the sounds of a carnival being dismantled directly across from the hotel. Bang, clang all night long.

The second night, we were kept awake first by street noises in front of the hotel such as motorcycles, and then in the early morning when dogs owned by persons staying a nearby RV parking lot started barking at each other.

Thus, if you stay during the summer your sleep choices are to suffer from heat with the window closed, or suffer from noise with the window open.

Second, my iPad would not work with the hotel's WIFI system. The desk clerk said that several other guests have had a similar experience with their iPads - something about the way iPads connect to the web not working with their server. I have not encountered this problem at any other hotel that I have stayed at.

Nor was there a public access computer available for guests that I could use as an alternative, a big problem as it was critical owing to a family situation that I be able to check my emails.

If you think that you will need WIFI, either stay at another hotel or bring something other than an iPad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple