“A warm welcome to a wonderful hotel”

Le Pavillon Saint Martin
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Souillac
paris france
“A warm welcome to a wonderful hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The couple that own the pavillon could not be more welcoming with a genuine sincerity.
The rooms are big and beautiful in this very old historical building.
The breakfast was sumptuous and varied with fresh fruits of the season.
We hope to return as we have such good memories of our stay there.

Room Tip: The street side rooms have a view of a church and steeple - stunning The back rooms for more quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Essex, England
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first night of a week long cycling tour, this hotel was an old historic building with great charm, we had a very warm welcome . Rooms comfortable and nicely decorated, a very central location. Breakfast was very good, with a very wide range of coffee and good choice of fruit, pastries etc, a good continental breakfast. A good start to our week.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pawsEssex_England
Ocean Grove, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family of 2 adults and 2 young children stayed here for one night just prior to Christmas. It is perfectly positioned on a little square which transformed into a market the following morning. It was awash with atmosphere and we soaked it up. The rooms were interestingly decorated, warm and cosy, breakfast delicious and hosts very welcoming. We feel very lucky to have stumbled upon this hotel and would gladly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Abergavenny
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with other friends and family at very short notice for a funeral nearby. The staff could not have been more sympathetic or caring from beginning to end.
The hotel is charming and offers a good continental breakfast including a big jar of marshmallows!

Be warned if you are ever in Souillac in January - eat at lunchtime in the Beffroi opposite - after 6pm the place is deader than a desert island. We couldn't but the Beffroi was full of happy locals each lunchtime.

• Stayed January 2013
Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a lovely old hotel in Souillac in a beautiful building on a main square. It is a great overnight stay while traveling from Loire Valley to Languedoc. There are restaurants within walking distance and the staff was very helpful and spoke English. The furnishings were lovely, beds were comfortable and the price was very reasonable. It is easily accessed from A-20 and makes a great stop off if traveling through the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a charming little hotel in a village square. It's very convenient for exploring Souillac on foot and going to dinner in the village. The owners were friendly and helpful with making dinner reservations. We didn't have a car so had no issues with parking. Our room was cute, fairly basic but clean and comfortable. Our room faced the square but there was nothing going on that night so it was very quiet.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was really looking forward to staying here overnight after a very early 5 a.m. start from Uk and long drive with 3 children in the back of the car. I had booked our room 8 months earlier and had emailed the week before to reconfirm our expected arrival time. When we did arrive, we were shown to our room and the lady opened the window and pointed to what looked like a lovely open area in front of the church outside our window and explained in French that there was going to be a lovely festival that evening. I thought this sounded nice although felt mildly concerned about what time it might end. However, as it was a Thrusday and v much the centre of town, I expected it would be over by midnight or so. How wrong I was............... half two in the morning and the incredibly loud, thumping music (v average covers of current hits).... even providing ear plugs to the kids didn't prevent two of them crying through lack of sleep................. it all stopped at half two in the morning (it was RIGHT outside our room - huge stage, flashung lights, huge amplifiers) but then there was a further hour of noise as the stage and portable loos etc were all dismantled.

I totally accept that this did not take place through the owner's fault! However, I am v concerned that, even though I emailed just one week before to re-confirm our booking and I poiinted out that we would have had a 12 hour drive and would therefore be pretty tired, no one bothered to notify me. I could, with a week's notice, have found a place out of town which, although lacking any character, would at least have enable us to get a decent night's sleep and be safe to continue driving. Also, as a result of this fiesta, the parking was completely closed and we weren't notified of this either - therefore had a slightly stressful drive around the edges of the town to find somewhere safe to leave a car v much loaded up with bags.

The owner, the next morning, when I said I wasn't happy ( I have never asked for a refund from a hotel before!), agreed to me paying just half the cost of the room which I do appreciate. As I say, I totally accept that it wasn't their fault but I do believe they had plenty of opportunity to let me know by either mobile or email beforehand and that that would have been a fair thing for them to have done in the circumstances. I would not have chosen this hotel for an overnight stop on a very long road trip if I had known about the concert.

It was a very beautiful looking hotel, in a very central town location with lots of atmosphere and character which, ordinarily, I would think was fantastic. Just a real shame to start day two of our holliday even more tired than at the end of day one!

Room Tip: Check whether there are any festivals taking palce right outside your window!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family