“A let down ”

L'Assiette Champenoise
Reserve with
L'Assiette Champenoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Tinqueux
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great setting, attentive service (although a bit 'cold') and I was left wanting and expecting more after each course. I had the 5 course tasting menu and the vegetarian first course was the best, followed by the cheese! Disappointed overall. Not sure I would recommend this three star place at the price as I've been to better one star restaurants.

2  Thank Travelsloads

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had the pleasure to have a dinner in the restaurant. I was there with a friend, who had eaten the same like I did during the day.

We ordered both the Langoustine for starter, but the I chose the 'Bar' (seabass) whilst my friend took the Hommard. My fish smelled a bit funny, but hey... 3 stars. That can not be happening!

After that we went home and all symptoms of food poisining started occuring in 2 hours. Horrible!

When speaking to the restaurant the following morning, it denied all responsibility and blamed the hot weather (we sat in the car (incl airconditioning) allmost all day).

Atmosphere in the restaurant is good. Beautiful terrass with lounge chairs. Tables set up nicely, giving enough privacy. Serving is done well by the staff, and the wine list is impressive.

5  Thank worldtravellerTom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel is lovely -- modern, luxurious, large rooms. The restaurant doesn't deserve its recently awarded third Michelin star. The lowest cost fixed price menu is Euros 138. The first two courses of a deconstruct crab tortellini and sea bass were truly outstanding. However, the third course was a disappointing very thin sliver of duck breast that was nothing out of the ordinary and the dessert supposedly around a theme of strawberries was totally undistinguished -- bitter even. They don't offer a package with breakfast and potentially drinks and you can do a lot better at other establishments in France. It's as though they paid off a Michelin inspector to get the third star. We were put in an upstairs dining room away from the main dining area -- it was decent but hardly a 3* environment. For a lower price, the food would be very good but not at what is being charged.

1  Thank BarryBSanDiego
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Got to this auberge really close to Reims, in the commune of Tinqueux and we found really agreable the setting of the restaurant and of the hotel.
A warm welcome, a good selection of the local signature sparkling wine (from Bollinger to Krug) paired with delicate amouse bouches.
After reading the impressive wine list where you can find offerings for all sort of budget, personal background and occasion we choose to take a champagne prepared following the Solera method.
All the food servings were cooked handsomely and were well presented. Every dish is to be remembered but the coup de coeur for us was the Blue homard that won so much our palate that we asked for a second serving.
The service was extremely good and the fact that the reknown Mr Lallement toured around the tables was really appreciated.
The coffee accompanied by tasty petit fours was served to us in the Bar, which has a really relaxed ambiance.
A place to go if you are in the Champagne region.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went with friends for lunch. Superb service. Wonderful meal with real advice on ordering. Superb sauces and perfectly prepared fish and meat. Not a desert person, but I was elated by what was in my plate. Sommelier Mathieu Cré was remarkable in his advice on wines to match the meal. A really wonderful experience, can't wait to go back.