“Two days in Touraine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Tours Sud

Mercure Tours Sud
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Joue-les-Tours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northen Ireland
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks a little neglected from the outside. It is located beside a dual carriageway and close to a park/lake. The reception staff were all friendly and very helpful. The hotel operates at the budget end of the market so the rooms are very basic. Although they do come with the usual toiletries etc. There were extra blankets, pillows, shower gel, shampoo etc in the cupboard beside the wardrobe.
My room was very clean although it was showing a reasonable amount of wear & tear. It also had a bit of musty smell in the bathroom.
The breakfast choice and quality was reasonable considering the hotel rating. There is also a swimming poll, although I cannot comment on it as I did not have time to use it.
There were two main minus points for me: 1: The hotel may be a budget hotel but the cost (with breakfast) was not in the budget price range. 2: The amount of dogs that guests had in the hotel was extremely unhappy. There was quite a lot of barking in the corridors and at other guests as they walked by. I don't know how they control (Or if they do) the rooms that are allocated to use with pets? It is not something that makes me feel comfortable staying in a hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ludovic R, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
I'm sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and please accept my sincerest apologies. I can confirm that we accept pets (dogs / cats) in the hotel with an additional charge because our housekeeping staff make more time to room cleaning (cleaning of the carpet ...)
We can not unfortunately prevent dogs from barking, but we can inform their owner (customer) to intervene if it bothers you. We try to make every effort for you to stay comfortably in our hotel and we are at your disposal. Yours sincerely,
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Older hotel - rooms look tired and the shower was poor - shower screen over the bath was too small. However, bed was comfortable so had a good nights sleep. Pool is great, hotel star friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ludovic R, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Sir, Madam,
we thank you to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
We are sorry that the hôtel did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. I am aware that the decoration our hotel is a lot of old and we needs a "makeover" (relooking).
Be assured that we have all services with a professional staff and equipments necessary for coming a pleasant stay in Touraine, in Mercure Tours Sud.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly on Tours.
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a group of 12. The rooms are large and spacious but unfortunately the air conditioning didn't seem to work in any of the rooms and it was hot, especially at night. There is a lovely swimming pool and sauna and some cardio machines in the gym. There are also supposed to be exercise classes but none were timetabled whilst we were staying.

The worst experience we had there was we decided to eat in the restaurant (bearing in mind there was little else nearby as it is just off the main road) but despite there being a large dining area and only six customers already eating, the staff couldn't cope with another 12 people. We were ignored for 30 minutes then told that we weren't allowed to order off the menu and the chef could only make mince and pasta for us. We reluctantly agreed as the girls were starving by then and we thought that maybe a decent bolognaise would be ok. However after another 45 minutes when it arrived it was just a plate of dry pasta (no sauce) and a raw mince patty. The chef should have been ashamed of himself. We left to take a taxi into town where we got some other food. Then they tried to charge us €20 each for it! How the chef in a large hotel couldn't cope with 18 customers I have no idea. Needless to say we didn't eat there again.

So an average hotel which I wouldn't stay at again.

Stayed June 2014
ludovic R, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I thank you to have take the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
I want to present you my most sincere apologies concerning your dinner of Saturday evening in our restaurant.
I understand your dissatisfaction and I can assure you that the staff of Saturday was severely reprimanded for their incompetance. My Chef and My Food & Beverage Manager will make every effort to ensure that it cannot reproduce any more.
Yours sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Joue-les-Tours hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is located out of town in an industrial area. Conveniently next to a motorway so you can leave quickly. The room was comfortable. The pool, sauna and steam room were a welcome addition. The restaurant looked OK, but with only 4 customers in the restaurant, the cook (no chef) turned out overcooked meat and cold vegetables. The breakfast was little better, customers having to ask staff to set places and refill empty supplies of cheese and bread.
The reception staff on the other hand were professional and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ludovic R, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your comment and of your appreciations concerning our hotel.
I see that your dinner and also the breakfast were not satisfying. Please accept my apology for his clumsiness. We need to form again some collaborators. I hope that you will return in Touraine and that we shall have the pleasure to welcome you
Kingston-upon-hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great location for access to the motorway. Not a holiday hotel mainly used by business people and it shows in the way staff treat people!
Air con not working no WIFI did the staff care NO. We had the express breakfast disappointed with that as well
Would I stop there again afraid not

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ludovic R, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
we do have a majority of business clients and less leisure clients, but I think that there is no difference in the hospitality and service we provide to our customers. I am sorry that the service and our staff did not meet your expectations, and I beg you to accept my sincerest apologies.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in Touraine.
Yours sincerely,
Loches, France
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A very convenient hotel for the concert hall in the same complex, or for anyone passing through Tours. Good value, and friendly staff. I would have ranked it higher except that we had booked a room suitable for a disabled person, and the shower was completely inaccessible for such a person. If hotels don't have adequate facilities for special needs, they shouldn't advertise that they have.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ludovic R, Directeur général at Mercure Tours Sud, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Sir, Madam,
You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you. My team is very grateful for your remarks about our services quality.
I am aware that our rooms for a person of reduced mobility are not fully functional, especially in the bathroom with a bath. I wish of course make the necessary changes to better accommodate you. I hope this will be achieved by 2015.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Touraine.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joue-les-Tours
Hotel L'Univers Tours
Chateau de Beaulieu
#20 of 88 in Tours
Ibis Styles Tours Sud
Mercure Tours Centre Gare

Been to Mercure Tours Sud? Share your experiences!