See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

In need of a major refurb, not the usual campanile standard, so be warned.the room was ever so dated, and stunk of smoke even tho it was a non smoking room, not the usual bright greens, but browns and dirty creams. The only thing in my opinion that saved it was the excellent staff, and the quality of the food in the restaurant, that was first class, but be warned on the bedrooms really not good.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
delphine c, La direction at Campanile Mulhouse Nord - Illzach Ile Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Customer,

We thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The opinion of our customers is a source of constant improvement.
We are delighted to read to you that you particularly appreciated the professionalism and the kindness of our teams, I will give them your compliments.

However, Campanile hotels and restaurants are being renovated and I understand your impatience.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

dissapionted staying here. room stunk of cigarettes, wasn't very clean and the towels was dirty and i had to change them before i could use them. we have stayed here on a number of occasions and was very pleased, but this time i think we will give a it a miss. needs an upgrade

Date of stay: August 2017
delphine c, La direction at Campanile Mulhouse Nord - Illzach Ile Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

838/5000
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the condition in which you found the room.
Breakfast is served as an all-you-can-eat buffet, consisting of pastries, baguettes, breads, mini pancakes, Breton bar, jams, honey, ham nutella, cheese, yogurt, compote, fresh fruit, fruit salad, fruit juice. oranges and apple juice, hot drinks and cereals. Our croissants and pain au chocolat are cooked on the spot.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on 17th September 2017. We arrived in the pouring rain and I duly went to check in at reception whilst my husband parked the car.I went to the room, opened the door and was shocked. The bed was a large double with a single duvet just down the middle, the pillowcases hadn't been changed from the previous occupant and there were ants on the bed. I called my husband to look as well and we both went back to reception to request a different room. No more rooms. Evidently the cleaner didn't come in that day. We asked for our money back and was refused. I was told the receptionist would clean the room after he had finished with the dining room at 10pm. We asked is he would book us into the kyriad next door, again he refused so my husband went over to get us a room. Although an old hotel the room was spotless and the staff very helpful. On complaining to Campanile all I got was a standard 'sorry not our usual etc' I further complained twice more and to a Director but never had any more replies. Avoid like the plague.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
delphine c, La direction at Campanile Mulhouse Nord - Illzach Ile Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Customer,
Thank you for sharing your vision of our hotel. Being in a process of constant improvement, the opinions of our customers are welcome.
On behalf of the whole team, we apologize for the services that did not meet your expectations. The state in which you found your room is unacceptable and I fully understand your dissatisfaction. Our daily checks were not enough and we will strengthen our vigilance.
I will accompany my staff to improve our welcome because we care about the well-being of our customers.
Your return as a customer allows us to improve every day.
Looking forward to seeing you again,
Cordially

Reviewed November 20, 2017

The hotel is next to the highway and your park your car less than a meter away from your room.
The noise insulation is really poor - or even non existing.
The quality of the bed is ok but the room in general (very low ceiling) and the bathroom in particular are from another age. The previous occupant was maybe somking but the room was even smelly.
Honestly it is cheap but it is the worst campanile I have ever used.
You get for what you have paid...

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
delphine c, La direction at Campanile Mulhouse Nord - Illzach Ile Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear Customer,

We thank you for sharing your vision of the hotel. The opinion of our customers is a source of constant improvement.
Our rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, new bedding, air conditioning, free wifi, a tray with hot drinks and a flat screen with TNT. Renovation work will be planned soon.
We are sorry for the discomfort caused by the smell when you arrive, I will sensitize my team on this point.
I hope my answer is up to your expectations

Cordially

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Some event or other was going on in town and our normal hotel and several others were all full.
Well over the years staying at Campanile site, you know what to expect!
However this one fell very short of what was expected!!
Located at the "grubby" end of a shabby industrial estate, the hotel merged well with the shabby.
The manager was very sweet and was doing his best to manage.
Although the room I had was supposedly refurbished, the inner door wouldn't close, and although the bedding was fresh the bed was a bit lumpy .
The room cleaning left a lot to be desired as against the walls were very marked and under the bed was very dusty.
The bathroom was OK and functional but the bath had seen better days.
Breakfast was passable, but at €9.60 a person was not worth it.

Room tip: There probably aren't any !
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
delphine c, La direction at Campanile Mulhouse Nord - Illzach Ile Napoleon, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear Customer,

All our rooms are equipped with new bedding, air conditioning, free wifi, a tray with hot drinks, a flat screen TV with TNT and a private bathroom.
Our establishment is, indeed, located in a simple zone of access, at the heart of the three borders and close to the main highways.