“Delightful afternoon tea”

Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Allendale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This was a very nice Christmas Gift from our Son and his wife to my husband and I for 2017. As I had been very ill this reservation had to be postponed and the hotel did just that. We enjoyed a very tasty and delightful afternoon tea.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I phoned on the Saturday to book a table, pleased I did as when we got there all tables reserved,
My husband had lamb and I had beef, both absolutely delicious will definitely return thank you

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Went to Northumberland with the wife for the weekend and stayed at the kings head for 2 nights . First plus was there’s loads of parking space in the square opposite the kings head . Hosts are a lovely family who go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and enjoy your stay . The only slight complaint is whilst the bedroom we stayed in was fine , it does look a little tired , apart from that the bed was comfy , the shower did the job , the water was hot .The full English is freshly cooked with no complaints . The bar on an evening is full of locals which adds to the atmosphere . Thanks to all at the Kings Head we will return on our next visit to Northumberland ,

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I visited this week , on the way home from a motorcycle tour on Scotland. I had never been to the pub or area before. Upon arrival we were greeted by Dave the landlord who showed us a secure location for our bikes. The rooms were great comfy and well decorated with good bathrooms. We are in the pub that evening and the food was freshly prepared , great value and I have to say.....delicious !. Breakfast was just the same. We were made to feel welcome by staff and regulars. I really cannot wait for my next visit to Allendale and The Kings Head.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Simon B
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I visited for dinner & drinks with my husband & our black lab.
Food was amazing & all the staff were so welcoming.
Beautiful open fire in the bar area too!
Highly recommend.