The rest camp is right in the middle of the small city Uis. We were nicely welcomed and showed to our flat. It was getting really cold outside and we were told that we would get extra blankets. Nice!
Soon a man came and we thought we were getting our blankets - but not. We were asked when we were going to come for dinner, we ordered (there were three choices) and we agreed on a time. The blankets would soon come.
On the set time we arrived. It still took us one and a half hour until dinner was ready. By then we still had not got anything to drink. Food was all right, we had booked "DBB" and got a full menu.
Finishing dinner we returned to our room and once again asked about those blankest. They were coming right away. They never came.
Breakfast was from 7 and we had a long day ahead of us so we were there at 7 sharp. By then nothing was available. Half an hour later we could get coffee and some cereals and long after that the eggs and bacon. After a lengthy check-out procedure we were finally off after 9.
To sum it up: This is a good nights sleep with good food at a very reasonable prize. Unfortunately the apparent uninterested staff brings the overall impression from a top mark down to an average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located en-route between Swakopmund and the Etosha Game reserve and offer accommodation in an unspoilt desert paradise. Easy access to the Brandberg and famous white lady bushman painting, spectacular landscapes, sun downer cruises, guided self drive and 4x4 tours and information on things to do and see in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Brandberg Rest Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brandberg Rest Camp Hotel Uis
- Brandberg Rest Camp Namibia/Uis