“Great Cheese”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Pyengana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped here on the way to Columbus Falls. I don't usually like cheddar, but this was a little less sharp than usual but still with that dryer texture. Despite it being only our first day of a two week trip, I bought some plastic wrapped and opened it a few weeks later when back home - still tasted fine and no ill effects. Food was good, the only downside was that while serving the milkshake in a milk bottle was cute, the serving was on the small side compared to the drink my wife had.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Driving from Launceston towards the east coast we found the sign to this cheese company and cafe. I love cheese so nobody needed to twist my arm to stop there and truth be told I needed a rest from the driving. I'm so glad we stopped though, the food was delicious, mostly homemade. We had a simple but amazingly tasty homemade sausage pizza with their fresh cheese and rocket. If it is a nice day, be sure to sit outside and take in the beautiful valley surrounds, have a couple of drinks (they have a wide variety of locally brewed beers, wines etc as well as milkshakes) and watch the cows head toward the backscratcher in the shed.
Make sure you take home some cheese too, the cheddar has placed first in Australian dairy awards.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Loved this cafe, lucky enough to be there when they were cutting open one of the big cheese wheels for tasting, so we hooked in!. Best cheese ever, and at reasonable prices too.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We drove by and stopped for coffee. Lovely place to sit and relax for a while and to break the driving. We also enjoyed the free cheese tasting and bought some to enjoy later. We never felt pressured to buy cheese mind you; I just liked it a lot!

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Forget it. It's just a cafe. even if it's on your way to somewhere else it's not worth stopping. The cheddar was ordinary, the scones were microwave heated ... disappointing.

2  Thank Joseph G