“Excellent”
Review of The Cottage Inn

The Cottage Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pentrefelin
The Cottage Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Pentrefelin B&B and Inns
Monaghan, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have stayed there on different occassion as a stop off on business. Very accommodating - bedrooms are clean and comfortable; food - good home made quality at very reasonable prices. Frequently I have to be away before breakfast - they always leave a packed breakfast/snack for me. Landlord - excellent. An ideal spot to stop and eat or as a holiday base. Looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are fairly quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed April 10, 2013

As a lone woman that works all around Wales , this is a home from home atmosphere , I will travel that extra mile to stay here, rather than stay elsewhere . Food excellent. Locals are as welcoming as the hosts.

• Stayed April 2013
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here last Saturday lunchtime (we've driven past this place many times, and never got round to trying it until now!). Lovely homemade food, friendly staff and blazing fire, just what we needed on an abnormally cold Saturday in March. Our busy 2 year old was also made to feel welcome, and he too loved his dinner. Will definitely be coming back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pontarddulais
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked for sunday lunch today. Good choice on menu, no problem to add salmon as we had 2 vegetarians in the group. The lamb was gorgeous and the vegetables were lovely and plenty of them, excellent gravy as well. The deserts looked lovely but unfortunately I was too full to partake. Would definitely recommend to others and return soon

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Visited the Cottage Inn a few times now as we often pass as my Gran lived not far from there.
Brian has been there every time we have visited and he is such a fabulous landlord, really friendly and interested in his customers. The staff are equally friendly and always have smiles on their faces. More recently we took friends of ours there and they loved it! The fish and chips is beautiful and the batter delicious, it must be made with the Gower Gold.

Everyone I have ever taken there have loved their meals and although the menu small it is just right. Make sure you go for the home-made meals as they are really delicious and same for the desserts! I had champagne jelly which I loved!

Thank you to Brian and his lovely staff for their warm welcome and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was Lucky enough to eat here last week....We walked in to a huge smile from the young lady behind the bar and it was lovely and warm with a huge log fir burning on a cold day!!! Lovely menu choice, but I went for the daily special of Fish and Chips in a Beer Batter....They were Delicious. When it came to dessert...they had Rice Pudding on the menu..I asked what it came with and was told by the waitress (Who was also the Housekeeper)....Lovely Lady..."Whatever you want it to come with"....How often do you hear that????? I asked for Strawberry Jam and it was "Gorgeous".
The Landlord (Brian) came to talk to us and gave us a warm welcome and a bit of history as to his background...Really nice Man!!!
I hope this little Inn goes from strength to strength...they deserve all the praise they get...I shall certainly return when I am in the area!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bluemel
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room was lovely, very nice decor, very clean. Lovely en suite all beautifully tiled. Very comfortable bed too. The food was excellent, lots of choice - lemon mousee is particularly amazing. The service was very attentive generally and in the restaurant. Quiet road - no problem with noise. The new management certainly are doing a great job. Would certainly come again and would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!