Review Highlights
Hunger for More!

Kitesurfing was FUN! I signed up another right after my first one. I hunger for more! 40Knots is... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
gina_hung2000
Taiwan
A top global kite destination for all levels of experience

I started Kiting about 8 years ago and my first ever lesson was at Green Island with the 40 Knots... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Iain C

All reviews nonsuch bay these guys my wife kite surfers a lot of fun coming back whole team few days beautiful location taking lessons warm water many thanks no matter great equipment first class perfect conditions excellent instructors
Reviewed February 8, 2018

Could not recommend these guys highly enough! A birthday present for my boyfriend got us on the Beginners Camp, incredible introduction and great fun at the end experiencing the power the kite can give. Back the next two days for the Get Going course. We were both up and kiting by the end but wanted to make the most of the expert instructors, location, great team of staff and high quality gear. In total we had 6 lessons with these guys! We were able to talk through all the different equipment & any aspect of kiting, what would suit us as a couple working on a yacht and then what would suit us both if we wanted to limit the gear we carried around. We were able to trial some of the gear in a 1-1 instruction with some of the more technical instructors. In the end we bought all our gear from these guys, everything was in perfect condition and had only been used for a few weeks prior to us purchasing it. To go from knowing absolutely nothing about kiting to being an independent kiter in 6 lessons is a huge accolade to these guys on their knowledge, patience, instruction and being able to perfect every aspect of kiting. We stayed an extra few days in order to go out on our own without an instructor, launching from the beach. The support we had from 40 knots staff with launching and talking us through everything to keep us and others as safe as possible was incredible. They constantly have someone looking out for any kiters that may get into any difficulty. If you want to learn to kite, I would only recommend the amazing team at 40knots. A huge thanks to Suzi, Max, Irene, Tivone, Marko, Chris, Johan & Lise and the rest of the guys for being incredibly welcoming & making this an experience we will never forget!!!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Husband had completed basic kite surfing course in UK and was wanting to progress further in warmer waters. He booked two sessions 2 1/2 hours each with an instructor and progressed massively in these sessions. Excellent one on one instruction from boat in safe waters with good breeze. Friendly accommodating staff. Perfect environment in which to develop your skills. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 2, 2018

If you want to learn to kite surf, this is the place to go. What a great team of staff. Go along for the ride and watch your family and friends from the beach at Green island. We went paddle boarding here, and it is difficult water to learn in, but, for experience wind surfers, this is also the place to go.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed January 2, 2018

we started kiting with 40knot when our entire family were beginners. we have all progressed to being independent kiters. The constant has been the 40knot staff and equipment. Irene, Christian, Susi and the entire staff are some of the nicest people you will meet and they know their stuff from helping/teaching beginners to helping the more advanced kiters with tricks etc. The Ozone equipment they use is top shelf and in top shape. Green Island is a special place to kite and we could not recommend this group more strongly....many thanks

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I am from hood river oregon and have been kiting for many years. My 20 yo daughter as well as my 9 yo daughter took lessons and both progressed better than I ever expected. Superior set up with the inflatable boats, propellor protectors, flat warm water with outlying reef and very consistent winds with a narrow windband - making it very easy and safe to learn. My 13 yo daughter and I went to island and sailed everyday the others were taking lessons and had a wonderful time just downwind of the reef. Staff is amazing . Whole setup tops for learning ( and I have sailed many places and seen many schools including those in my home town) if you have someone you want to get excited about kiting , especially a child/youth or a lady, this is a great choice.

Date of experience: January 2018