“Amazing friendly people”

40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing in Antigua. We offer tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, in the Caribbean, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience. The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

We came to Nonsuch for a week to relax and do some kitesurfing, and we couldn't have asked for more friendly and helpful people ! Definitely recommend this! The kite centre was the most friendly ever and we have been to a few! See you next year guys.......

Date of experience: April 2017
"many thanks"
"no matter"
"complete beginner"

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband & two teen daughters took a 4 hour class & spoke highly of the experience. Sounds like a lot of lines to keep track of & we are sailors!

1  Thank April M
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

My husband had a blast and liked the instructors! He said the view was lovely from where they took him out to practice. He had already kite surfed many times and said he felt conditions where more suited for someone who already had at least a basic knowledge

1  Thank travelbugs48
Reviewed March 23, 2017

This is a fantastic place to kitesurf. The combination of flat water and good wind make it a great place for all. I have been riding for a few years but I took my ten year old son for lessons and he is hooked! The instruction was awesome (thanks Jake!) and the whole commitment to safety that 40knots institutes on the beach is great. Great team, great experience and we will be back. We were supposed to only go once but we wound up going 4 times on our trip. In addition my wife and two other kids absolutely loved being over on green island and exploring. The flew the trainer kites, raced hermit crabs, found conch shells and generally rambled all over it.
Go NOW!

1  Thank robmerwin74
See more reviews
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Nothing short of AWESOME! I stayed a couple of days in Antigua and went out with 40Knots for a few kite surf sessions! The team working there is very friendly and super helpful. The spot green island is a hidden away gem with flat water and a pretty cool little beach setup to chill and have your afternoon lunch at. Honestly If I was ever again in Antigua or even on another island near by, I'd head straight over there!
Thanks guys for making this kite trip on Antigua on for the books. 10/10!!

1  Thank Thomas S