“Windsurfing awesome, kitesurfing next!”

40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing in Antigua. We offer tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, in the Caribbean, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience. The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Our three children all took windsurfing lessons through 40Knots while staying at the Nonsuch Bay Resort and they loved it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and made sure that each child (two 12 yr olds and a 10 yr old) had a positive experience; that despite heavy winds and considerable waves on the day! Our whole family wants to try kitesurfing with 40Knots next time we visit Antigua. From what we experienced and observed, the 40Knots people are professional, highly organized, very kind and a lot of fun!

All reviews
"many thanks"
"no matter"
"complete beginner"

Reviewed April 2, 2016

perfect place for kiting, and perfect stuff! well organized and always safety first!
good teaching and I had a lot of fun, thanks for three nice days
Will be back for sure!
danke noch mal für die extra lesson zum "board wieder finden" :-)
liebe Grüße aus dem Prenzlberg

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed March 20, 2016

My wife and I are sailing around the Caribbean and thought that I would take up Kiteboarding and looked into a lot of schools. Everywhere from Grenada to St. Martin and found 40 knots. I was hesitant at first since I knew nothing about kiting but quickly learned through their excellent instruction. Over the course of two different visits to Antigua, I took approximately 5 to 6 lessons and became VERY good for a beginner? Do I know how to jump and do flying spins in the air (DEFINITELY NOT YET) but I do feel very comfortable kiting in different conditions with different sized kites and boards.

In addition to the beautiful place, the instructors are absolutely amazing. I believe I had 3 different instructors but they all taught exactly the same and were EXTREMELY patient with me. IF you are in Antigua and have the slightest interest in learning, I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

Had a great introduction to kitesurfing and planning a return trip already. Jamal was very patient. All staff at this small school were very pleasant and knowledgeable. Green Island great for novices. Would highly recommend - and don't be put off by thinking this sport is only for the young! We aren't and you don't need shoulders of Goliath either! It's more technique. Give it a try - and if you're there book at the beginning of your holiday so you can have more lessons to progress further if you like it - I'm betting you will.

1  Thank 121chiffchaff