40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Review Highlights
Awesome experience

Had a great time with the staff at 40 knots. Despite my floundering in the water for a while, my... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2020
613marcusk
Best thing I've ever done

This was truly amazing. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the location is jaw droopingly... read more

Reviewed February 19, 2020
ColoradoGoldRush
Breckenridge, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Antigua
from $174.36
from $64.11
from $112.81
from $78.21
More Info
All reviews nonsuch bay these guys my son coming back great place to learn few days looking forward great location taking lessons can't wait to come back next year second to none great equipment first class paddle boarding excellent instruction friendly instructors
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2016

perfect place for kiting, and perfect stuff! well organized and always safety first!
good teaching and I had a lot of fun, thanks for three nice days
Will be back for sure!
danke noch mal für die extra lesson zum "board wieder finden" :-)
liebe Grüße aus dem Prenzlberg

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed March 20, 2016

My wife and I are sailing around the Caribbean and thought that I would take up Kiteboarding and looked into a lot of schools. Everywhere from Grenada to St. Martin and found 40 knots. I was hesitant at first since I knew nothing about kiting but quickly learned through their excellent instruction. Over the course of two different visits to Antigua, I took approximately 5 to 6 lessons and became VERY good for a beginner? Do I know how to jump and do flying spins in the air (DEFINITELY NOT YET) but I do feel very comfortable kiting in different conditions with different sized kites and boards.

In addition to the beautiful place, the instructors are absolutely amazing. I believe I had 3 different instructors but they all taught exactly the same and were EXTREMELY patient with me. IF you are in Antigua and have the slightest interest in learning, I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

Had a great introduction to kitesurfing and planning a return trip already. Jamal was very patient. All staff at this small school were very pleasant and knowledgeable. Green Island great for novices. Would highly recommend - and don't be put off by thinking this sport is only for the young! We aren't and you don't need shoulders of Goliath either! It's more technique. Give it a try - and if you're there book at the beginning of your holiday so you can have more lessons to progress further if you like it - I'm betting you will.

1  Thank 121chiffchaff
Reviewed March 9, 2016 via mobile

Me and my son took beginners lessons with 40 knots. We are completely new to this activity. All team members Johan, Favio and Corrado were very friendly and helpful. Suzan is a very good organizer. Thank you very much.

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

I chose 40knots to combine a break with my wife at lovely NSB Resort, with some kitesurfing on flat water with my own gear.

Seldom does a plan come together so well !! Wonderful hotel and an outstanding kitesurfing set up. Great crew, genuinely obsessed with their guests enjoyment, and a location that kiters can normally only dream of.

I was out 7 days out of 10, in what was unusually windless period, which was not a problem since this is Antigua and there are lots of things to do if it is too light. Fabulous water colour, steady breeze and flat water, and 10 others kiting max when I was there.

All in all 10/10 and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. My only gripe is that I missed kitesurfing with Richard Branson by a day - yes it's good enough for him too.

Date of experience: January 2016