40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Review Highlights
Awesome experience

Had a great time with the staff at 40 knots. Despite my floundering in the water for a while, my... read more

Reviewed March 3, 2020
613marcusk
Best thing I've ever done

This was truly amazing. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the location is jaw droopingly... read more

Reviewed February 19, 2020
ColoradoGoldRush
Breckenridge, Colorado

Recommended experiences in and around Antigua
from $174.36
from $64.11
from $107.16
from $78.21
More Info
All reviews these guys nonsuch bay resort my son coming back great place to learn looking forward great location taking lessons can't wait to come back next year second to none great equipment first class paddle boarding excellent instruction friendly instructors great staff
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2015

I am 56 years old and started kiteboarding in the summer of 2015, taking lessons from a group based in the northeast coast US. By the end of the summer I was able to waterstart both sides, but not able to go upwind. After reviewing the web for kitesurfing locations that were easily accessible from northeast US during the holiday break, I chose Nonsuch Bay and 40 Knots. I was not disappointed! The leaders of 40 Knots have more than 10 years of teaching experience and are very serious about maximizing the efficiency of learning. After 4 sessions I was able to ride upwind both sides. My daughter (25 years old) is a natural athlete and after a beginner session was also riding upwind. One of the unique aspects of their approach is that they use small boats to repeatedly bring students upwind and to follow them during a ride to provide instruction and to retrieve the board if needed. They are also very efficient in any needed adaptations to the wind (in two of my sessions we changed kites due to changes in wind speed, and this was done very quickly). Kites are launched at a small beach on Green Island (which is about a 5 min boat ride from Nonsuch Resort) and the instructor drives the boat (and kite) to a location in the bay that is free from obstacles and others. There can be one or two students in a boat. While the consistency of the wind was impressive (as expected), the overall experience was extraordinary. I had 4 different instructors who were all excellent, though Irene and Johann were my favorites. I would highly recommend 40 Knots to anyone looking to quickly learn how to kiteboard.

Reviewed December 17, 2015 via mobile

I can't rate these guys highly enough, had a fantastic experience learning to kitesurf. Everybody at 40knots is genuinely friendly and interested in your progress, no false put on smiles and they are clearly passionate and skilled at what they do. Suzy was super accommodating of a changing schedule and Cara was an outstanding instructor, combining patience and motivation in just the right mix. I'm looking forward to returning to Antigua and picking up where I left off. Thanks guys.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

This has to be one of the best places to learn to kite surf in the world: beautiful location, steady winds, open space on protected water, good kit and above all, professional and friendly teaching. Chris and Suzi are incredibly welcoming and enthusiastic and take a genuine interest in how things are going from day to day. As well as being very accomplished, they took pleasure in our progress and I was up and running (sort of!) in three lessons. The use of the boats works well and working in pairs means a rest while the other student is having a go and gives a chance to chat and learn from others' mistakes. Learning to kite surf is quite expensive but if one has a quality service and learns quickly it seems worth it. Also, one becomes quickly aware that kite surfing can be dangerous and one wants to feel is safe hands

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Thanks so much 40 Knots! This was my second time here and I would return again and again. Not only are they based in the most incredible spot but they happen to be the friendliest bunch too! With their skills, patience and expertise I progressed rapidly. With lots of laughs along the way. I couldn't recommend a better team than the fine folks at 40 Knots! Thanks again guys!!

1  Thank leish_leish
Reviewed December 4, 2015

The wonderful crew at 40 Knots runs a flawless kite operation. You wont find a more ideal spot- consistent winds and beautiful water combined with a friendly, knowledgeable support team that treat you like family. Top notch equipment and facilities. Plenty to do when the wind is down as well. Great spot to learn or just to ride. We will be back for sure!

Date of experience: November 2015