“40 knots amazing time”

40Knots Kitesurfing & Windsurfing School Antigua
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing in Antigua. We offer tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, in the Caribbean, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience.
The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

we have just returned from Antigua and would recommend if your going kitesurfing or want to learn to kitesurf for the first time 40 knots is the school to go with.
we were staying at the grand pineapple, the school picks you up at willikies fishermans dock which is a10 minute walk from the hotel, an then by boat to green island which is only 5 minutes away.
our instuctors were chris, suzy, & Irene the first thing about these guys is their enthusiasm & drive that they have because they really want you to succeed so that you can progress from the stage you have reached, we were at the water stage within 30 minutes of our first session we were up and riding.
you are taught from a boat so there is no time wasted walking up and down beaches so therefore you spend all of your sessions with your instructor.
the amount we have learned from these guys is huge and it gives you the confidence to practice on your own.
their range of equipment they have is huge so there are kites for all wind conditions whether its strong or light winds.
so go and see these guys because you will progress to your next stage of kitesurfing in a quick time, so thank you to 40 knots or all your help it was a great experience and would definitely come back to see you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Thank You to everyone at 40 Knots! I had always wanted to try and learn how to Kite Surf and this was the perfect place! Sun, warm water, good wind and great instructors who were so encouraging and above all patient! I left (reluctantly) wanting to do more and if I can't find suitable places in Europe, I'll come back to Non Such Bay! Thanks again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

the equipment was the current year's models and in great condition

the instructors are top notch, highly qualified, helpful and they worked on focusing in the areas we wanted to improve

they were always prepared with a variety of kites of different sizes and boards and were always ready to assist or rescue when needed

the wind conditions were great for a straight 8 days and the location is amazlngly beautiful with flat crystal clear water

the owners welcome suggestions for improvements and are receptive of ideas to continually improve the operation

we will definitely return for more - Steve and Darlene

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have had kite-surf lessons in a few places, and windsurfed all around the world - this is now by far my favourite place anywhere in the world.
40 Knots is run by some absolutely delightful people who will bend over backwards to help you. They run you out in a speedboat to the paradise location of Green Island which looks like a nature reserve - totally un-developed and unspolied. Here you launch your kite. If you are having lessons then they literally follow you around the bay in a boat giving advice and help, and rescue if needed. If oyu can already kite-surf then they offer equipment rental or 'assisted riding' which is what I had - basically a watchful eye and helping hand when needed, and a rescue if (...when) I needed it. And all in a stunning location, very reasonably priced, super-safe, warm waters, etc etc etc... You couldn't want for more. I highly recommend these guys to everyone. And see you there, as I will DEFINITELY be returning...

1  Thank AntonyStanton
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I travelled to Antigua in April for some kitesurfing and I took some lessons at 40 knots. The school is great - teachers are friendly and committed and the equipment is great. I took some lessons with Suzy and she was absolutely amazing and patient - I am definitely grateful to her for getting me up and riding!! Kitesurfing is amazing!! If you haven't tried it before, give it a go during your holiday!!