“a lot of fun with great instructors- perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Kitesurfing Test Lesson in Nonsuch Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Freetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Our school offers high quality kitesurfing and windsurfing tuition with IKO certified instructors (International Kitesurfing Organization) with the latest and safest equipment. We are located in Nonsuch Bay, on the windward shore of Antigua, where the trade winds blow strong and constant. The bay is completely closed by the reef and offers a condition of warm and flat water, ideal to learn and progress. Updated equipment, newest teaching methods and power boat assistance make the best combination for your perfect learning experience.
The kitesurfing lessons will start from the beach of Green Island, a tiny island windward to Nonsuch bay, with white sand and crystal blue water; a perfect landing/launching area for kites.
Berlin, Germany
“a lot of fun with great instructors- perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

i was on antigua for 3 weeks and wanted to learn kitesurfing with my girlfriend.
we both tried it before but weren't really successful.

at 40 knots we could stand on the board on the first day with a big smile on our faces.
thank you chris, susi and bubu for the warm welcome and the funny lessons out there at green island.

we would love to come back as soon as possible.

all the best and a lot of wind for the future.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having had a very limited previous view of water sports, I must admit that at first glance kite surfing seemed very daunting. However, the friendly and helpful instructors helped me through the basics in a way that was comprehensive and easy to understand. The tuition was excellent and, in what felt like no time at all, I was up on the board and starting to make some fast progress. (a testament to the tuition that they can get me, with two left feet, to kite surf!) There really isn't a better place to learn than in the warm Antiguan waters and with the most friendly water sports instructors that you are likely to find on the island!

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

From complete beginner to experienced rider I think it would be difficult for one to find a better outfit from which to learn, rent gear and get support. Very professional with a long tenure in Antigua. Add to this a phenomenal location on Green Island with good winds and reef protected waters. I highly recommed 40 Knots!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have just completed a beginner's kite surf course with 40 knots out in sunny Antigua. Having been windsurfing now for over 30 years, i thought it about time to try crossing over to 'the dark side'. I had a taster of kitesurfing many years ago, but it all went wrong. So i approached the course here with some fear. I should not have done. Firstly, in all of my years of coaching and being coached, never have i met a team that exceeds the standards of the team at 40 knots. From the very first meeting, they were brilliant. My coach Susie was waiting for me when i got there. She didn't stop smiling and encouraging me until my last day. Chris and Irene were also hugely enthusiastic and supportive, even though they were busy with other students. So, the friendliest and most enthusiastic bunch you could hope to meet. The kit is all top quality. Brand new kites, lines and boards. All of the coaching takes place a short boat hop away on green island. Throughout the course Susie was always by my side on the beach, and then, in the boat on the water. When things went wrong she was there to correct them.
To get up and planing at windsurfing takes a very long time. After three days i was up and away on the board. I may have swallowed half the Caribbean sea to get there, but we got there in the end. Indeed on my last lesson, when i had been up on the board a number of times, only to then come back down again, i crashed the kite and it got quite tangled up. I suggested to Susie that we call it a day, but she refused. She untangled the kite and urged me to get back on and give it another try. SO glad that i did, as next time i was up and away, with my own cries of excitement being drowned out by Susie's.

So, if you want to learn to kite surf this is the place. Some reviews have suggested that 40 knots is a little pricey. Kitesurfing can be dangerous. I would always pay a premium price to be taught by the best, with the best kit, in the best conditions, with the biggest smiles! It was great and i cannot wait to come back and see them all again next time.

If you are still thinking about it- don't. Jump on it, book up a course, and get ripping across the bay. If i can do it at 50, surely you can!

Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Having not kite surfed before I was keen to try it in warm Antigua waters. I had two, 2 hour lessons and by the end was blasting across the crystal clear warm waters. I concur totally with the other reviews the tuition was excellent. The location is also beautiful - a secluded windward beach and huge area of water protected by a reef. The summer is the low season (not sure why as winds and conditions were good) - all I can say is take advantage of it - for my second lesson there was just the instructor and myself, I could not believe we had the area just to ourselves. I was also picked up and dropped off a short walk from my hotel (Verandah).

Visited August 2012