“A more traditional B & B! Shoes not allowed!”

Trecoed Farm Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Disserth
Trecoed Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Disserth B&B and Inns
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“A more traditional B & B! Shoes not allowed!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here recently and I have to say that I cannot work up the enthusiasm of other reviewers. I usually stay in 4 star B & Bs and there is quite a difference. To access my room I had to go through the sitting room where Elsie had her TV. I was ordered to remove my shoes at the door which I have never, ever done before. This was due to new carpets upstairs. I would have gone for a darker colour and let guests keep their shoes on. There was snow outside and my feet were cold all the time I was in the house. The heating in my room had only just been turned on when I got there and it was decidedly chilly!

The bed was comfortable, the room was fine and the breakfast was good but personally, I would not stay again. How unlike the other two B & Bs I have reviewed recently where the heating was on full blast all night and it was far more cosy!

Room Tip: Take your own heater!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Elsie P, Public Relations Manager at Trecoed Farm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
First of all I would just like to say that I am sorry that you weren't 100% satisfied with your stay at Trecoed Farm which is our aim.

Being a traditional working farm bed and breakfast as opposed to a custom built hotel or guest house does mean that there is no separate entrance for guests and we also find that keeping outside shoes at the front door ensures that the floor coverings stay at the high quality and level of cleanliness that most of our guests have come to expect from us.

We do provide slippers for the use of our guests and had I been made aware at the time that you were feeling cold, I'm sure that I could have rectified the problem.

Thank you for your stay with us and your honest review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed Trecoed Farm in Feb with my parents who has never been to Wales before. They loved this place. We booked all 3 rooms avaiable in this farm and each room has beautiful view of brecon beacons. The lady who runs B&B is very kind and welcoming. Breakfast was better than 5 star hotel food and we really had fabulous time in the B&B.
Deffinitely recommended and hopefullly i can visit there near future.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were extremely lucky to secure a late booking for two nights in a twin room at this lovely bed and breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely Elsie and the breakfast was extremely good and set us up for the day.We did not have an evening meal but I have no doubts that it would have been excellent.
A working farm and the proprietors home - as bed and breakfast were in days of old but with the added luxury you could need . Will soon return if we can get a room :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GenuineUk
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The lady who runs this bed and breakfast is very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was gorgeous - and indeed, friend's baby was looked after whilst the mum managed to eat relaxed. Lady is very accommoating. Everything was clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We've stayed with Elsie and Dilwyn quite a few times over the past 2 years and every time it's been really great, the scenery, the family, the animals and the fried brekkies are all amazing. Our team stays in the double, twin and single rooms when we visit, so I can assure all the rooms are of very good size and are very clean. The location is great for nipping into Builth Wells or Llandrindod Wells and is just a stones throw away from the Brecons and if you want a more gentle walk/ hike you have the vast surrounding countryside.

• Stayed July 2012
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Well it was that time of year , time to return to Trecoed Farm after the winter,for my spring break . It was as good as ever , My stay was perfect . Lovely clean comfy bed ,excellent food and very fine hosts . It really is home from home .I have already booked again in the autumn..... Grace

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent ,clean quiet & cumfy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bagshot
Reviewed April 15, 2012

i have been returning to trecoed farm for many years, its like a home from home , i even got sent on my way with some duck eggs. As ever the room was very clean and,comfortable . Elsie and Dilwyn made me feel very welcome.Trecoed is set in very peaceful surroundings and is a great base to go mountain biking or walking.Elsie cooks a superb breakfast .I hope to return again this year ,many thanks to Elsie for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Disserth
Hotel Commodore
#1 of 1 in Cilmeri
Neuadd Henllan
Neuadd Henllan
#9 of 16 in Builth Wells

Been to Trecoed Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!