“Very welcoming”
Review of Ayah Villa

Ayah Villa
Ranked #2 of 3 Trumpington B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I spent one night here, in a very large room with three single beds for my two children and me. The welcome we relieved was effusive and the room was more than adequate, with a large clean bathroom en suite.
Excellent parking and I was able to leave the car there all day while I was in Cambridge, which I appreciated.
It was a bonus to be able to get hot drinks and biscuits on tap.
It is easy to jump in the bus to the city centre, but not recommended during the rush hour!
I would certainly return, should I need to come to Cambridge in the future.
Just one point: the postcode on Trip Advisor reads CB22 instead of CB2, which resulted in a very long detour.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline B
There are newer reviews for Ayah Villa

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The people were charming, engaging and effortlessly helpful. The accommodation was clean and spacious. A very adequate breakfast and all in all very reasonably priced. I expect to go back if back in Cambridge... can't say fairer than that really.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the front door and we were disturbed by that, so avoid if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very clean excellent accommodation.
Friendly welcome and the continental breakfast had loads of choice.
Highly recommended, excellent location and great value for money.
The coffee/chocolate machine (free) is available 7:30 to 23:30 and the coffee is great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gragill_13
Reviewed November 28, 2013

A very sincere welcome awaited us at Ayah Villa. Our room was clean, comfortable and warm, which was very much appreciated given that we were staying over the coldest three days so far in 2013! Our bed was very comfortable and we slept well on both nights of our stay. The en suite was clean and well equipped.
The service was good and the buffet breakfast was more than plenty. We especially appreciated the choice of breakfast foods and the daily bowl of fresh fruit to choose from. Parking was no difficulty with sufficient parking bays on the large off-road forecourt.
Very good value for money, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed at Ayah Villa for the first time this week. Parking was easy, and the welcome was so truly genuine that we really felt happy to be staying there. We stayed in room 2 which is on the ground floor. It's a beautiful room with the most comfortable bed I've slept in for ages. Despite being near the entrance, we didn't hear any noise from other guests even though it was very busy. Large bathroom with an excellent shower. Everywhere was so clean.
Breakfast was good, lots of choice and although I thought I might miss having tea/ coffee making facilities in the room - I didn't - because they are available in the breakfast area. If you don't want to go out for a meal (and who does after a 7 hour drive!) you can order a take away and eat it in the breakfast area, with all the cutlery & crockery you need on hand. We had to go to Addenbrookes and the Ayah Villa was very close. We did try to book to stay there again next week but they're full - Oh well - we'll keep trying - as I said at the start - this will always be our first choice for Cambridge.

Room Tip: Room 2 is great - though talking to some of the other guests it seemed that everyone was happy with...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was a great location as I was doing work at Addenbrookes and was literally 5-10min drive. I ended up arriving a lot later than planned (9.00pm) so my stay was brief. But it fit the bill perfectly - cheap, surprisingly large room with ensuite and all very clean. No issues with the owner/worker at reception of my late arrival and she still kindly showed me around. Breakfast was 'continental' style help your self - good selection and good coffee. Great for short stays this part of Cambridge and would happily return for my next business trip.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Ayah Villa for three nights. It is deceptively large, there is plenty of parking and it's a stones throw from Cambridge city centre. We didn't hear any traffic noise or noise from other guests from our room even though it was fairly busy at the time of our stay. Our room was a good size modern and immaculately clean. The hosts were lovely people with an outstanding sense for hospitality. They made us feel very special. We will definitely stay here again. No need to look elsewhere. Do not hesitate to book.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumpington
Regent Hotel
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#1 of 36 in Cambridge
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge
Ibis Cambridge Central Station

Been to Ayah Villa? Share your experiences!