“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Trumpington B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staying at Ayah Villa is like home from home - the staff let you do your own thing.

The rooms are clean and efficient but it's no luxury. Very basic, but very comfortable.

Breakfast has no cooked option, which is disappointing. The hot drinks and water machines, available 24/7, is a great service and makes up for what is lost elsewhere.

I can't complain about Ayah Villa. Excellent price, excellent stay, no problems whatsoever.

PLEASE NOTE: The bus to Cambridge City Centre which operates across the street is extremely poor. We relied on taxis. Getting back by bus is no problem, but be prepared to wait up to 1hour for a bus service which operates "every 20 minutes".

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the front which had a small amount of noise from the nearby local road, so if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gtravel4298

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed for two weeks and It felt like home. Service was excellent and they were very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and well maintained. Coffee and juices were available 24-7. I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Faruktt
Manchester
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked this place last minute on LateRooms primarily for the very low price (£40 per night) and I couldn't really fault the place for the price I paid. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean and a decent size, the bed was comfortable (though it's the first time I've slept in a single bed for quite a while) and I managed to get a decent nights sleep. I also managed to get a decent wifi signal, which was really helpful and meant I could get some work done during my stay.
The place is a little way away from the town centre and there isn't an awful lot in the immediately surrounding area. I didn't have a car so was limited to where I could go to eat, and for that reason I would probably stay in the centre of town if I were to find myself in Cambridge again.
As another reviewer mentioned, the breakfast selection is quite poor and a little bizarre if I'm honest. There was a selection of cakes (not really breakfast food in my opinion), fruit salad, yoghurt, cereal and toast; I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to breakfast, if I'm going to bother eating it, I want it to be hot, so the entirely cold offering was a bit of a disappointment.
I don't feel like I can give the place more than 3 stars, but for the price I paid I'm perfectly happy with my stay. As I was only in Cambridge for an early meeting the following day, I was really just looking for a place to lay my head and the Ayah guesthouse was perfectly fit for purpose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LMayAtem
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me, my husband and 2 kids stayed here for 2 weeks whilst having repairs done on my home, upon arrival the one thing I noticed was how clean the place was this to me was a good start however this got better when the staff where showing me around. Now I have stayed in many places but there are very few that I can remember that welcome you so nicely. Every time I saw a member of staff or the owner they could not do enough to take care of me and my family.
I had a family room which was very large, warm and comfy beds with a good size TV which had a good choice of channels helping keep the kids busy. The breakfast had good choice of things considering most buffets use cheap products they used mainly brand named cereals ECT.
As you can tell I enjoyed my stay here, and to be honest when I saw the low price I had my doubts but this place is definitely worth the money nearly half the price of others. I feel stayed here long enough to get a good grasp of this place and it has left me very impressed so impressed it will be used by my family when they come to visit me for holidays and Christmas .

Thank you to all the guys at Ayah Villa and especially Simon for making our stay a happy one.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Vinnitsa
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The good: Good size rooms and very helpful and friendly staff
The not so good: Breakfast, only cold and very limited selection
The bad: About 50% of lights in the room were out, parts of the room walls had mold, no toiletries (when asked they gave us an "all purpose hand soap" as a shampoo), they do not clean the room or change towels on a daily basis, only between guests.

Think twice before booking

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
muhammad m, Guest Relations Manager at Ayah Villa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear you were not entirely happy with your stay here at Ayah Villa,
We understand there were some aspects of your stay that you felt needed improvements which I am happy to address.
Breakfast;
At Ayah Villa we serve a buffet style breakfast, this breakfast consists of.
A variety of fruits
A variety of cereals
Variety of cakes
White and brown bread
Boiled eggs
Fruit yogurts
Fruit cocktail
Selection of cheese and butter
Selection of jams and marmalade
Selection of Fruit juices
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate
This selection was chosen following a survey of over 300 guest questionnaires stating what they would like to see in a buffet breakfast. We are also happy to provide more specific items such as soya products should the guest advise us upon arrival.

In your bathroom you will find towels, hand wash and also a separate hair and body wash
The company used is mason &miller this company is used in a majority of hotels and guest houses in the UK. We can also provide other toiletries upon request and often make special purchases on behalf of our guests.
In regards to cleaning we always do our very best to clean guest rooms to the highest standards and we will of course look into your complaints regarding this.

We do sincerely apologise to you in regards to your unsatisfactory stay here at Ayah Villa and hope we have assured you that we do take all comments on bored.

It is very important to us here at Ayah Villa that our guest have a very comfortable stay. Whilst a guest stays with us we do our upmost to ensure they have the most enjoyable stay possible.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found Ayah Villa through LateRooms.com for one night at a really cheap price, so I wasn't expecting much. I was so surprised. The staff were really friendly and helpful, tea,coffee, fruit juices were available at all hours and the room was massive. The bed was very comfy, en suite clean and it was lovely and warm. If you are thinking of booking another B & B, think again. This one is close to the city centre and defiantly one I would use again.

Room Tip: I was in Room 2 which had a single and double bed and was massive. It was closest to the road but I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The place did not reach the standard of the 3 stars that it claims to have. The décor could do with updating and the bedside lamp did not work. The main lights also started buzzing really loudly after a few minutes. The room and bathroom could have been cleaned a bit better as there was dust and mould in places. The breakfast was basic but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
muhammad m, Guest Relations Manager at Ayah Villa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you were not impressed with our guest house we do try our very best to keep our guests happy. We can assure you Ayah Villa is undoubtedly up to 3 star standards as confirmed by two leading UK tourist boards.
We do our very best also to ensure our rooms are cleaned to a very high standard as previous guest reviews can confirm.
Please accept our sincere apologies Ayah Villa did not meet your required standards.

However pleased be assured we are continuously improving our facilities in order to give each and every one of our guests the very best stay possible.

Should you wish to discuss your views on regarding your stay any further please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
Simon (Guest relations)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumpington
The Gonville Hotel
#23 of 36 in Cambridge
Regent Hotel
Regent Hotel
#5 of 36 in Cambridge

Been to Ayah Villa? Share your experiences!