Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews beara peninsula ring of kerry scenic drive great drive winding road great vistas western ireland passing places rock formations famine times kenmare river wild atlantic way take your time road works both sides an adventure gift shop
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the prettiest drives that I have ever experienced... not to mention FUN! These winding roads were a blast to drive, but be on the lookout for jaywalking sheep! It was worth the trip!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Definitely check out Beara peninsula. A great alternative to the touristy Ring of Kerry. Drive up the pass and/or around the tip of the head.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

This is an absolutely lovely part of Ireland. We wanted to 'get away from it all' and you can't feel more away from it all than here. It's really beautiful and while driving along, all the cares of the world seem to float away.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Outstanding beauty along an 8 mile drive. Quintessential Ireland at it's best. Very little traffic, easy drive Not to be missed

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I did the Healy Pass by car. Stunning scenery and a number of switchbacks. The views from the top, of either side of the mountain, are breathtaking. I didn't have my bike with me on this occasion, but I'll be back. It's an epic climb regardless of which side you come up.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

As stated below, the road was under construction / maintenance, so we were held up by a very pleasant Cork Council man for 20 minutes. The drive over the top was very pleasant. Worth it all for the fantastic views.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

We turned right onto this road to the north because we thought it looked interesting and it was magnificent. The road cut back and forth and climbed up and up. Treeless and windswept, the landscape was a geological delight and the views were unobstructed. No cars, just us and sheep. It took quite awhile to reach the summit as we stopped many times to take pictures. One of my favorite experiences in Ireland!

1  Thank Jeffrey6295
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Decided to take the Healy Pass from Glengarriff to Kenmare. What fun we had, on a rainy day, mountain streams turned into waterfalls. The winding mountain "road"was a challenge especially when meeting oncoming traffic.
Road works halted our journey temporarily, but this gave us the opportunity to take in this breathtaking location.
Remember - drive on the left and consider that oncoming traffic is just around the bend.
Enjoy.

3  Thank NSIB1962
Reviewed August 2, 2018

The road was under construction maintainance, but the ride to the top was very pleasant. Beautiful views.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Gorgeous drive, and thankfully no annoying men approached me :). Residents of remote places are eager to socialize, which is understandable.
I started from Adrigole as I feel more comfortable driving up the slope. I could see that there were some road works on, but it was way after 6pm so everyone was gone by then. Only two cars came my way, but the road is wide enough for two cars to pass safely. No danger if you keep your eyes on the road. No steep inclines or sharp turns. No barriers on some stretches, but I have never heard of accidents on this road. As the cars are scarce, you can always stop for a photograph, or simply to enjoy the stunning view.
It was quite windy on the top - watch you belongings as something can fly away.
When I was leaving, more cars approached from Lauragh side of the pass. It was at about half seven - two hours before the sunset. I wouldn't advise to drive in the dark as you can easily get disoriented, but some people would probably drive anyway.
I was there on Wednesday. Weekdays are not that busy.

1  Thank ieine m