Threeland Hotel
Hotel Website
$91
Hotel Arlon(Messancy)
$75
Hotel de la Poste(Esch-sur-Alzette)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is simply not a 4 star hotel. If you go in with 2 star expectations, you will be fine. Rooms & breakfast are simple but sufficient, there is enough parking and the location is hideous.

It is the only hotel in Petange, cheap and acceptable for a business stay-over.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Well unlike the others I find this hotel to be fine enough. I just think that (for that price) you cant expect anything special in Luxembourg considered the density of hotels and their prices.. They're just not pushed by competition to provide perfect service (probably)..
My oppinion of this hotel? It was fine enough.. You should definitely get rooms on the other side of the main road. Restaurant (breakfast also) is very good. My room was clean, spacious and all staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: On the other side of main road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Very disappointed. This hotel is definitely not 4 star. No air conditioning in the middle of summer is not a good start, esp when leaving the window open meant a disturbed sleep because of traffic noise all night. No tea/coffee making facilities, they had to be bought in the brasserie. 12 euros for internet access for 24 hours which, when arriving at 6pm and leaving at 10am, means a lot of wasted hours. Pink mould along the bottom of the shower curtain; empty shower gel container on wall; one bedside light not working; told that CNN is available in Luxembourg but not in this hotel - so out of 20 TV channels, nothing that I could watch and understand; very slipshod and not worth 75 euros. If I was paying 40 - 45 euros it wouldn't be a problem. The double room was a good size, and the breakfast was continental and quite okay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ozgalgreen
Reviewed January 22, 2010

If this hotel would have been a 2 or 3 stars, then my appreciation would have been also different, I would say an "Okey but with problems", or an "average", but for a 4 star hotel then it deserves a "terrible".
The price is perfect for a 4 Star, but it does not worth it. The rooms are total simple and the decoration in brown and green is awful, the bed clothing is hideous, looks as if it needs some cleaning, the shower curtains look old and dirtly, there is not free internet service, you need to purchase a very expensive hour/day/week pass, the restaurants are too expensive, and there is absolutely no other service in this hotel: no sauna, no gym, no nothing.
I am curious to know why this hotel does have a 4 Star category!
To complete the situation, we advised at the reception when we arrived that we would stay one week, but maybe longer. They did not checked with us at all, but only called us the last day to tell us that they needed our room and that we had to go, since they were full.
I think this is the only hotel in Petange, and that is why they offer such a low quality service.
I would not suggest this hotel to anybody.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Anabellelee
Reviewed July 3, 2009

To say that this hotel has 4 stars can only be considered as some kind of attempt at humour. It would barely scrape 2*.

The bedrooms were more like something on a hospital ward with the 1970's bed linen (in fact my sheet had Hotel Rix written on by hand - so presumably this place had bought their linen when the last place had finsihed with it), the lino floors in the rooms, the lack of air conditoning in the bedrooms and everywhere else in this dump apart from the restaurant.

They let some of my colleagues check in only to find the bedrooms still occupied or not made up from the previous guest. The staff where unhelpful, bordering on plain awkard e.g. may I use the internet terminal to check in for my flight - "no".

All in all, a thoroughly unpelasant place, not so much in need of refurbishment, but demolition - I cannot think of a single redeeming feature of this dreadful place. Stay anywhere else, but not here.

Oh and did I mention that there's no air conditioning?!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business